cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unregistered SIM issue

rkauden
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I just signed up for a public mobile account and registered my sim card. I ported over my phone number from Fido successfully. The phone worked for 2 hours but now I am getting a message saying unregistered SIM. Can someone please help? I already checked and my phone is unlocked and compatible with the public mobile network. 

Your IMEI - 354xxxxxxxxx G3 D852

Your device should work on our Network.
Your device has not been reported as lost or stolen.

7 REPLIES 7

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi,
If you have any questions concerning your account, just send a private message through the following link:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

jasonC
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am a long time public mobile costomer.  Ive had this sim in my phone for awhile now. Today I got a unregistered sim notice on my home screen. I went to network settings.  Put it to public mobile network.  It said cant connect try later?  I cant make calls or send text .says I have no internet.  I am on wifi now but still not able to send text or make calls and still won't connect to public mobile network.  Any help anyone? 

jasonC

Hello. I am having an issue with my phone saying unregistered sim. Also when I got to network settings. I try to put it on public mobile network it says cant connect try later. Any help anyone.  ?

jbree

I had a similar problem with my LG G3 recently.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/SIM-card-is-invalid-or-not-detected/m...

(link with possible solutions)

I came to the conclusion that the LG G3 takes a micro sized SIM and for whatever reason the sleeve that fits around the nano sized PM SIM card to make it micro sized is slightly thicker than the card. This obviously creates a slight gap between the card and the reader in the phone. Right now I can get it to work for a while with the SIM carefully placed, but eventually it always looses contact at some point. Im thinking of trying to slightly shave the thickness of the SIM card sleeve somehow.

@rkauden Check Network Settings and make sure you are connected to Public Mobile network and network mode/type is set to LTE. If it still doesn't work, try the sim in any other unlocked phone to see if sim is functional or not. 

rkauden
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes, I tried that.

PJC
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Odd that it worked for 2 hours and stopped. Have you tried rebooting your phone?

Need Help? Let's chat.