cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited talk

Janet1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Hi I changed my plan $20 unlimited text Canada but I can't make or receive calls. What can I do?
16 REPLIES 16

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

Further to above about which customers state that they never saw the warning about plan changes or did not understand the warning, I have suggested the following to Public Mobile that there should be a box in the bottom right corner of the warning page which must be checkmarked before the next page can be displayed. Next to the box will be this statement: I have read, understand, and agree with all of the above terms and conditions. This statement should motivate customers to read or reread the warning page. Also, if they do not understand what they have read, they can post a question in this community for an answer before committing themselves to checkmarking that box. That should eliminate the problem of people claiming that the warning page was unclear or that they did not see the warning in the first place.

Time will tell whether PM will implement this suggestion.

To makkahn28: As a grandfathered customer, you do not have access to the same warning page that new customers see, unless a new customer sent it to you. It clearly states, at the bottom, that a new plan comes into effect immediately and any unused days in an old plan are not carried forward, are not pro-rated and are not refunded.

Yep, I believe that a Plan, OR Plan(s) is required to plug this gap, and then, without any Doubt, Public Mobile will be Showroom Worthy

Agreed.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

See, That's what is needed. Further Clarification, System tweaks, Additions to the options that can certainly save PM from the flood of angry ppl who might NOT have full awareness. This can certainly lead to high debates

Oddly enough given how often this problem occurs, the Change Plan screen does actually say all this. Perhaps just not as simply as needed.

SO, Example: Let's say, you have Plan C, and you want to Downgrade to Plan B, and Plan C costs $45, and Plan B costs $35, and you have $60 in the System previously, IF you FAIL to UPdate your Plan to what YOU want for Next Month BEFORE the Midnight Deadline, teh System WILL PROCESS your PAYMENTS AUTOMATICALLY for next MONTH, FOR PLAN C instead OF PLAN B that you wanted to GO TO

THAT'S what I was trying to explain. Hopefully this makes sense

That's what I am trying to get to.

If you EITHER downgrade OR upgrade your plan, PRIOR, to renewal Date, you end up wasting $$$ if you do so with 15 Days, example still left PRIOR to renewal date.

IF ppl wanted to Up OR Downgrade their plan(s), They should do so, IF you have a CC attached and Auto-Pay is enabled, Prior to 12:00 Midnight of their Plan Renewal date, so to avoid paying for same plan they're wanting to Up/Downgrade from

If using Voucher, Then if after 12:00 Midnight, though Plan is Suspended, your NOT losing $$$ for that, UNLESS you have $$$ that's already sitting in system

I would like some clarification concerning add ons. My understanding is that getting them initially, or paying as they run out, does not constitute changing my plan and therefore no change in the due date for next payment?

Unfortunately for Janet, it appears she changed from unlimited calling and texting to texting only thereby triggering an extra (from her point of view) payment. She is also missed the fine print that calling add ons can ONLy be purchased if one has a calling plan.

This confusion is super annoying to novices, especially when they think they are "downgrading'"to save $. If I had not been tracking the community for some time before signing up it would have caught me too! 😞

@Martin, I am trying to explain to them of this, IF they had a CC attached and Auto-Pay was enabled. This has been an issue for PM, and that is something I am trying to inform ppl about. If they're using a voucher, then that's diffferent. If $$$ was in system already, after Midnight the funds would be used to pay for another 30 days. Plus, The way the billing cycle workes, as I have experienced, is that IF My Renewal Date was Sept 1, If NO $$$ is available, ACCOUNT is Suspended at 12:00/24:00 am, MIDNIGHT, Sept 1, NOT Aug 30

Martin
Legend
Legend
makkakn28,

Your reply is problematic.

First, a customer can pay after midnight, but before 6 am EDT on the plan due date, and there will be no service suspension, though *611 will state that service is suspended, and one's self-serve account will show status as expired. Even though there are sufficient funds in my account to fully pay on the due date, I, too, receive the above error messages. It is a glitch. Depending upon one's plan, if one can make a call or text, despite the error messages, one has service.

Second, you are misleading customers by stating that, if they change plans one day before the due date, they will be charged twice. That is incorrect. If they change plans one day before the due date, that means that they will have used 29 of the 30 days in their billing cycle. If they change plans two days before the due date, that means that they will have used 28 of the 30 days in their billing cycle. That is far from being charged twice, as you stated.

YES.

If your Renewal Date is on the 10th of Aug, example, Change plans on Aug 9th BEFORE Midnight of Aug 10th to AVOID being charged 2x

Martin
Legend
Legend

Hello,

If you changed your plan to text only, the reason that you cannot call out (and receive calls) is that you do not have Talk as an option. There is no point in adding the Canada/USA add-on or the International add-on which includes calls to Canada and the USA. Why? Your plan does not include Talk. I suggest that you wait until the morning of your plan's due date (no later than 6 am EDT) to change your plan to what you want it to be. If you change your text-only plan before the due date, there is no refund, carrying-forward or proration of that plan's unused days, which is clearly stated on the warning page.

I hope that my answer has addressed your concern.

Janet1
My service was activated today and I'm afraid if I add an add on. Will this double charge my credit car

Janet1
I changed my plan of $45 per month which included voicemail, unlimited texting, Canada long distance and I was able to make and receive calls. No my plan is for $20 unlimited texting but I can't call out.

If you wanted to switch your plan, if Renewal date was, Aug 10, Switch plan(s) on Aug 9 before Midnight of Aug 10, to avoid paying 2x

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

Hi. What was your previous plan? When was the Renewal date roughly? Also, PM is a Prepaid Carrier.

If you had, Prov-Wide Talk, and you chose Canada-Wide Talk, and your billing Date was, Aug 4, example, Switching would mean paying Full Price for Canada-Wide, and Renewal Date cycle reset to today's date, example

Need Help? Let's chat.