cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unknown weird number 118004480006

Sahkahnah
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello all  I've been receiving calls from 118004480006 ( the numbers usually followed by an "x" or a square or some random non number character which is really weird. But even weirder when I try to call it back I get redirect to a automated message from public mobile saying that my plan dose not include calling and to go to the self serve options to get calling added to my Plan.   I'm on the 60$ plan so it definitely has talk  on it ..... And calling works fine for another out going phone number ....  

Any insite would be helpful thanks for your help 

12 REPLIES 12

Bullet77
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yup they are a debt collection company. (TCR). Some probably made up a phone# and unfortunately it was yours. Like others have posted I never answer from numbers I don't recognize. If they are legit they usually will leave a voice mail. If they are not contacting you and are looking for some one else. I would add the number to my block list.

https://www.tellows.com/num/18004480006

It's a collection agency. Likely looking for someone who used to have your number or just trying to get your money.

As others have said, don't answer and block.

andreale

Never take call from weird number. It would be a scammer or some phone thieves who try to reach your data through you are answering the call !!

I'm baking and while I wait I had some time to talke to them and they signed pretty reasonable, you can either block them or just talk to them and they will remove your number.

I gave them my older number to test if she'll just get rid of me and tell me that she removed me, but she couldn't find my number on the system and told me that it's possible that the person who works on the file with my number figured out it belongs to different person and removed it themselves

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Sahkahnah wrote:

Hello all  I've been receiving calls from 118004480006 ( the numbers usually followed by an "x" or a square or some random non number character which is really weird. But even weirder when I try to call it back I get redirect to a automated message from public mobile saying that my plan dose not include calling and to go to the self serve options to get calling added to my Plan.   I'm on the 60$ plan so it definitely has talk  on it ..... And calling works fine for another out going phone number ....  

@Sahkahnah  That is spam just block it.

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@Sahkahnah , have you heard of Google? Do a search on that number '118004480006' and it will tell you what it is. It's called spam callers. Block it or just answer it and waste their precious time. 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Sorry to hear that @Sahkahnah . Block it.🤔👍

@Sahkahnah 

I just called that number through TextNow and got total credit recovery, you can call them if you wish and they will have your number removed. It's 1800 number (ignore that first 1) sounds like legit business. It's possible that somebody who owned your number previously had it listed with their credit card or loan account.

Sahkahnah

After blocking my number it worked surprisingly ....  but it's just someone breathing in the phone and thenythey hang up. ... 

Removing the first 1  End up being a debt collector.  But they have no record of calling my number. 

Daps
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

When you see a number on your caller id that's not callable, it has been spoofed.

There is no point calling back. You can block the number on your phone if you wish.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Sounds like spam calls.

Googling the number you posted comes up with a few pages 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sahkahnah wrote:

Hide your number from caller id and then try it with just one 1. I'm sure it's junk. But if you're curious...

Need Help? Let's chat.