cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Understanding which phones CAN work with PublicMobile

Angelic_Fille90
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I got a Google Nexus and sadly this phone isn't all they say it would be.Cat Frustrated

For roughly an hour this early morning, I was looking at the brand model cellphone I wanted.

*Drumroll* BLACKBERRY

I have now learned that in order for a cellphone like a Blackberry to work with PublicMobile's 3G network, the phone must have a corresponding sub model and MHz code.

(Thanks again to @xCameron94x for providing the link to http://willmyphonework.net which has REALLY helped a lot. Cat Happy)

I went looking and checked for decent prices online. I searched and found some Blackberries and asked questions about the sub model for the ones that caught my interest.

I got one reply so far and that Blackberry falls in the 850MHz and 1900MHz. Cat Wink (I forgot about another Blackberry because the sellar was too full of themselves and showed pure lack of knowledge. Cat Tongue)

I am now waiting for the reply for a third model I saw.

I'll continue to keep you updated on my quest.

P.S. I still will be keeping Alcatel in mind. Cat Tongue

5 REPLIES 5

Angelic_Fille90
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@computergeek541 wrote:

I know that these are going to quickly disappear into recycling/trash/environmental disposal, but let's also remember that CDMA Telus and Koodo phones aren't going to work.  As silly as it seems, I still see people trying to sell those.

My mother has one. Cat Tongue

I have zero interest in those. Just a fairly newer Blackberry or a Alcatel will do.Cat Wink

I know that these are going to quickly disappear into recycling/trash/environmental disposal, but let's also remember that CDMA Telus and Koodo phones aren't going to work.  As silly as it seems, I still see people trying to sell those.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

Ignore the post I re-read and it was already suggested

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Angelic_Fille90, if you are ever in doubt this is a good site to look at to see if the phone will work with whichever network you are on.  willmyphonework.net

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @Angelic_Fille90!

In your search for Blackberry phone, remember that it has to be running BB10 or newer.  Older phones won't get you data access at all.  

As general guideline, Canadian versions are likely to work as PM operates on the one of the big3 Telus network.. which is very much mainstream.  

Any phones from Telus or Koodo will work fine without having to unlcok them.  

Good luck!  

Need Help? Let's chat.