cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to text but no error

Bualsin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently signed up with PM. I am able to call on my phone and use data. I am signed up for the 40$ a month plan but I am unable to send and recieve texts. My phone is compatible with PM i checked using the IMEI number (Blu Vivo XL) I recieve a text from the number (400) 500-0205 saying I need to complete the SIM & Activation online form. But I thought I already did this when I made my account and put in all my payment information. So pls halp

I already tried restarting my phone and reinserting the SIM card, maybe since I was with bell I need to wait for them or something? However this phone is able to carry 2 sim cards so I doubt that.

15 REPLIES 15

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Bualsin wrote:

I recently signed up with PM. I am able to call on my phone and use data. I am signed up for the 40$ a month plan but I am unable to send and recieve texts. My phone is compatible with PM i checked using the IMEI number (Blu Vivo XL) I recieve a text from the number (400) 500-0205 saying I need to complete the SIM & Activation online form. But I thought I already did this when I made my account and put in all my payment information. So pls halp

I already tried restarting my phone and reinserting the SIM card, maybe since I was with bell I need to wait for them or something? However this phone is able to carry 2 sim cards so I doubt that.

@Bualsin ,

There are free apps in free texting. I am currently using TextNow that is not bad and you will have a free number. But you need wifi or data to do so. Maybe it is a temporary solution.

Bualsin

S'all good now, ty

@Bualsin wrote:

I gave my account number to the mods. Going wait to see what to do next.

With that, you should be able to get the number porting done.  As for text messaging, you'll want to make sure that the SMSC (short message service centre)/message centre, etc. setting is set to +16475800172.

@PlanShopper wrote:

@computergeek541 , I'm not sure why you're out to discredit my advice. I'm offering advice to troubleshoot an issue, simple as that. The APN wasn't configured, and is required, regardless if it affects texting or not. If it doesn't resolve the issue, at least I made an effort to help.

So much for being a supportive/collaborative community...

There's no attempt to discredit.  My advice was simply given to the OP that APN does not control text messaging.  I appreciate you trying to help, and I never said that I believed that you weren't trying.  I simply disagree with the advice given with nothing else to it other than that. 

PlanShopper
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@computergeek541 , I'm not sure why you're out to discredit my advice. I'm offering advice to troubleshoot an issue, simple as that. The APN wasn't configured, and is required, regardless if it affects texting or not. If it doesn't resolve the issue, at least I made an effort to help.

So much for being a supportive/collaborative community...

Bualsin

I gave my account number to the mods. Going wait to see what to do next.

@PlanShopper wrote:

@computergeek541 

I agree that it is unrelated to porting, but he indicated that he is able to call and use data, but not text.  I have personally had issues texting while setting up a friend and as soon as the APN was configured, it started working.  Maybe unrelated, but worth a shot, especially if they were trying an MMS.

Doesn't hurt to ensure it's setup anyways, as it will be needed regardless.  By the sounds of his response, it wasn't configured, so it would have prevented other issues down the road, even if it doesn't resolve this issue.

I'll disagree with you on that it can't hurt. The member said nothing about data not working.  So the only possible thing that can happen would be for settings to be changed in error so that the data does stop working.

As for setting APN settings to get text messaging working, that is literally an impossibility.  If that got it to work for you, the timing is just coincidence.  I do agree with that proper APN settings are required for MMS.

PlanShopper

@computergeek541 

I agree that it is unrelated to porting, but he indicated that he is able to call and use data, but not text.  I have personally had issues texting while setting up a friend and as soon as the APN was configured, it started working.  Maybe unrelated, but worth a shot, especially if they were trying an MMS.

Doesn't hurt to ensure it's setup anyways, as it will be needed regardless.  By the sounds of his response, it wasn't configured, so it would have prevented other issues down the road, even if it doesn't resolve this issue.

@Bualsin wrote:

Alright, so I did change the APN settings on my phone, then rebooted. Do I need to wait or will I be able to text immediately?

Please view my earlier message.  You're wasting your time by doing anything with APN settings if the issue you are having is with text messaging.  APN setting do not control text messaging.

@Bualsin wrote:

That text message means that your number portability request was rejected.  Restarting your phone can't fix that.  Don't worry about the mention of some "conatct us sim and activation form".  It doesn't exist.   Before you do anything else, I would get your Bell account number.  Once you have that, provide that to the moderators using the instructions proivded earlier in the thread.  They'll resubmit another phone number transfer request for you.

PlanShopper
It should be immediate, but double check that you have the PM APN selected in the same settings. Creating it doesn't necessarily select it for use.

Bualsin

Alright, so I did change the APN settings on my phone, then rebooted. Do I need to wait or will I be able to text immediately?

@PlanShopper wrote:

Have you configured your APN? This is almost guaranteed to be the issue.  SOmetimes it pulls down automatically, but depending on your phone, it may not.

Details on how to and all the required settings can be found here:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/How-do-I-set-up-data-APN-on-my-smartp...

APN settings are not related to number porting, nor text messaging service issues.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi @Bualsin

We're really sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue, but we can surely help you find a solution.

In order to do so, can you send us a private message ? Please click on this link: https://goo.gl/JnHqMR

Best regards, 

PlanShopper

Have you configured your APN? This is almost guaranteed to be the issue.  SOmetimes it pulls down automatically, but depending on your phone, it may not.

Details on how to and all the required settings can be found here:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/How-do-I-set-up-data-APN-on-my-smartp...

Need Help? Let's chat.