cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to send or receive sms

Motorola5
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just got my plan yesterday and sms was working fine for the first few hours. Then it stopped working and I'm not able to receive or send any sms messages. I went to the states this morning and as I crossed the border I got an sms but now back in Canada have not been able to receive any more messages. 

5 REPLIES 5

@Motorola5  It could just be a connectivity issue. Turn airplane mode on for 10 minutes. Turn it off. Try a test text. Have a friend text you.

@Motorola5 , porting is bringing your number over from another provider. However, since you can receive calls its not that. Try adding $1 to your self service account to see iif this kickstarts your service. Use @Staliger 's solution and contact a moderator. And please take and post a screenshot of your apn settings so that we can take a look at them. Thanks.

@Motorola5 wrote:

I've now recieved two more text messages- one from the same person as before and one from public mobile but still nothing from anything else.  It's not a dual sim and the model is a motorola g5. I can make calls but not recieve them.  I brought over my same cell phone number from my previous plan (not sure if that's what porting means).

Motorola5
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've now recieved two more text messages- one from the same person as before and one from public mobile but still nothing from anything else.  It's not a dual sim and the model is a motorola g5. I can make calls but not recieve them.  I brought over my same cell phone number from my previous plan (not sure if that's what porting means).

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

What brand and model phone are you using @Motorola5? Is it a dual SIM phone? I'm trying to figure out why your apn setting sms in the States but not in Canada.  Is it all messages or just sms? Try adding $1 to your self serve /my account to see if it kick starts your service . Can you receive calls on your PM SIM? Did you port your number from a landline?

@Motorola5 wrote:

I just got my plan yesterday and sms was working fine for the first few hours. Then it stopped working and I'm not able to receive or send any sms messages. I went to the states this morning and as I crossed the border I got an sms but now back in Canada have not been able to receive any more messages. 

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Motorola5 wrote:

Try to restart your phone. Moderators can restart your account as well: click the "?" in lower right side of the page, type "contact moderator", and follow directions, OR send a message: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.