cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to send SMS. Incomming just fine.

victorbell
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My account was activated last week. Everything works just fine except this morning I found that I am unable to send SMS out. When I have tried to send any SMS to a local number I have got the message - Failed to send message Review message and try again.

My phone is Samsung S7. How can I fix this problem?

Thank you for your answers!

14 REPLIES 14

victorbell

@nekkidtruth PM sent. Will update

nekkidtruth
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi victorbell,

You'll need to PM a mod such as @Mary_M . There's either a provisioning issue or a possible port issue (did you port your old number?).

Just be fair warned that they're experiencing a really high volume of support requests right now so it may take time for you to get a response. They will get to you though!

victorbell

Update.

It is not my phone problem. I have tested my SIM using Samsung S4 of my daughter and LG G5 of my wife. No luck. Everything is working fine except outbound SMS. The problem is on PM side. What I can do?

victorbell

@Luddite More then one country are affected. 

@srlawren TextraSMS test failed as well.

I am going to try another phone with this SIM. It will clarify where the problem is - S7 or Public's Service. Will report.

@victorbell Seems you marked it solved. If so, what made the difference? We'd all appreciate knowing.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@victorbell what app are you using for SMS?  I'm guessing the standard Samsung texting app?  I know this may sound like a strange suggestion, but sometimes on Android phones this happens.  Can you kindly download an alternate texting app from the Play Store and try again?  I'm betting it works.  Suggestions: Google Messenger, TextraSMS, or ChompSMS.  If you're already using one of those, try another one.  I personally use Textra and love it, but to each their own.

If you absolutely don't want to do that, or this doesn't resolve it, then you could try the following:

1) Try clearing the application cache and data for your current texting app.  This would lose all your messages, but may resolve the issue for some time.

2) If that doesn't work, reboot into recovery and clear your cache partition.

3) If that doesn't work, back up any data you want to keep that isn't already sync'd to a cloud-based service or backed up, and do a factory reset on your phone.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Sorry it's the same question. Are all countries affected or just some specific ones? Can you send short messages but not long ones?

victorbell

@Luddite I have Unlimited International Text enabled. No problems to receive or make a call. No problem receiving SMS. Just can not send any. The phone is just fine too. I could send sms before switching to Public.

@Cypm What country is affected? PM does not have text service to every country.

Cypm
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Luddite i have gobal text however i can receive any text but i can not send international text even the person who are send me text i just reply back in the conversation my oversee friend can't even receive my text also so i believe one of mod should be albe to help out.  

@Cypm This is unlikely a moderator issue.

Before contacting the moderators try some trouble shooting, because, at the moment, it will be more than a week before they get back yo you:

- log into your PM account to ensure your plan includes texting; several people forgot to add it because calling plus data is the same cost

- look at this article I found     SMS on S7

Let us know how you make out.

Cypm
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

it is better you contact one of mod privately they will take a look , you should be good to go soon. 

nekkidtruth
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Simon4s wrote:

Lol.. funny how it took you a full week to realise. Next time you can try texting yourself to confirm that it is working. As for your problem, I have no clue.

Then why reply?

@victorbell, Have you checked to ensure your APN settings are correct? This will help with that:

Setting Up Data On Your Phone

If you're still experiencing issues you may have to have one of the mods look into for you. Are you able to make and receive phone calls?

Simon4s

Lol.. funny how it took you a full week to realise. Next time you can try texting yourself to confirm that it is working. As for your problem, I have no clue.

Need Help? Let's chat.