cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to recieve text messages after US Roaming Expires

islipp
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hoping someone can help as I've noticed this is a common issue.

My roaming to the US expired today (I'm back in Canada now) but now I can't recieve any text messages.  People are recieving what I send but I get nothing back.

Any solutions to this problem?  I've sent the mods a pm but I was wondering if there was a faster solution. 

8 REPLIES 8

@chukdefatey wrote:

@GinYVR wrote:

@islippWhat type of phone are you using? Did you change your APN while you were on the roaming network? If so, you will need to change it back to Public Mobile's.

Why would the OP change his or her APN settings? In case you didn't know you don't change your APN settings when you are Roaming on another Network. 

BTW, Like others have mentioned this is known issue. 

Correct, no APN needed for text messaging and unrelated.  Islipp is using Android so no imessage either.  Everyone, APN is only for data, not for calling, not for.text messaging.

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@GinYVR wrote:

@islippWhat type of phone are you using? Did you change your APN while you were on the roaming network? If so, you will need to change it back to Public Mobile's.

Why would the OP change his or her APN settings? In case you didn't know you don't change your APN settings when you are Roaming on another Network. 

BTW, Like others have mentioned this is known issue. 

islipp

I'm using a Moto 5 Plus.  

I looks like this is quite a common issue.  Apparantly "wait it out" is the best soluton.

Thanks for you quick response.

islipp

Thanks for the fast reply.  I guess waiting it out is the best response.

islipp

Thanks for this!  It looks like I'll just wait it out.

Appriciate the quick response.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@islipp  hi this is a known issue here, according to moderators, it usually self-resolves itself within a day after expiration. The advised course of action is to power-cycle your phone after returning to Canada or after the add-on expires. If it doesn't resolve within a day, you should get a moderator's assistance via private message. They can try re-pushing the SMS service center # in the back-end.  How to contact moderators:
http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@islipp wrote:

Hoping someone can help as I've noticed this is a common issue.

My roaming to the US expired today (I'm back in Canada now) but now I can't recieve any text messages.  People are recieving what I send but I get nothing back.

Any solutions to this problem?  I've sent the mods a pm but I was wondering if there was a faster solution. 

This is a known problem whenever the US Roaming texting Add-on expire.

It will auto fix tomorrow.

To get it fixed sooner, only a Moderator can fix it for you.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

Need Help? Let's chat.