cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to receive short code SMS / verification text from Uber

isha
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi all,

I'm unable to receive the short code SMS / verification text from Uber which is blocking me from signing into my account. From the list of available short code services on Public Mobile, it looks like Uber Alerts is enabled but I'm not receiving these messages.

Anyone knows how to proceed?

Thanks so much for your help

11 REPLIES 11

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Dolpika0528 wrote:

How can I connect with someone who can help me

Help with? If it's a general question, other members can answer those. If you need help with your account, you need to contact Moderator_Team.

@Dolpika0528 wrote:

Give us a brief description of your issue and we can help or direct you.

Dolpika0528
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

annasophiaschro

I have the exact same issue, Uber support isn't able to help and Public Mobile bot is unable too to connect me with a real human. Any advice? Keeps me busier than I intented to ðŸ˜¬

Ivon

How can i contact moderators? I have the same problem. Can't recieve short code SMS.

thank you

maark

I was having problems with this recently and after talking to moderators, they finally got the issue sent to a support team and got it resolved! 🙂 

echf
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

First, please confirm your phone number Uber on file is correct. 

If you still can't receive your SMS, please contact our moderator directly.

Uber can't help you much if your number on file is correct. 

OK then  incoming text from outside Canada should be no issue. I have seen other customers with verification code issues but do not know how it can be resolved. Hopefully, another member will have a better idea.

The US roaming add-on operates only in the USA and has no functionality in Canada. It expires 10 days after activation whether you are here or there.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

isha
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm on the competitive plan offered to Freedom Mobile customers - which I think only provided Canada wide talk BUT does provide unlimited international test. I have also purchased the US Roaming add-on with talk/text/data yesterday.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Are you on a grandfathered plan with only Canada wide text? If so, try using fongo.com as a workaround; incoming SMS are free.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.