cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: Unable to receive one-time passwords from Twitter and Instagram after porting number [SOLVED]

Good news is that it's back to normal on Facebook and a bunch of other apps, except for PayPal

Mayor / Maire

Re: Unable to receive one-time passwords from Twitter and Instagram after porting number [SOLVED]

@GinYVR wrote:

For an 2FA authenticator option that doesn't involve cellphone #s AND have a backup option, I recommend the Microsoft Authenticator. The iOS verion stores the backup on your iCloud to keep things seperate. It does do propreitory things like generates 8 digit 2FA vs 6 for Microsoft and AD accounts, however for industry standard 2FA it is solid.

@GinYVR I should add: I use Microsoft Authenticator for my Office 365 (work) account and my personal outlook.com account, since you can authenticate by clicking Allow in the push notification and not even having to deal with a code at all.  Very handy indeed.  For everything else that isn't limited to SMS 2FA, I use Authy.

@hwsamuel wrote:

Good news is that it's back to normal on Facebook and a bunch of other apps, except for PayPal

@hwsamuel good news indeed!  Thanks for the update.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.