cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to receive incoming calls - the cellular number you have called is not assigned

BZ
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi 

I am having trouble porting a number. Data and outgoing calls work but incoming calls give a message that the cellular number is not assigned. I have tried removing the SIM and rebooting.  What else can I try?

8 REPLIES 8

Hestya
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Glad your solution is solved 🙂

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If you need to recieve calls or texts while you wait for the port to finish or be fixed you can use the sim from your old provider 

Anonymous
Not applicable

you need send a private message Click here 

In your message put it, please include .
- your account number , if you have it , or email address .
- your phone number and 4 digit PIN .
- your name .
- Detailed explanation of specific.
- them can help you a lot nice team service.

Good Luck

closng

@MoreYummy wrote:

When did you port the number, if only incoming call is NOT working, then its port related.  

Hope you didnt cancel your old provider service before port, otherwise it wont work.

Once the porting is initiated, I believe the account from old service provider will automatically be cancelled. 

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

When did you port the number, if only incoming call is NOT working, then its port related.  

Hope you didnt cancel your old provider service before port, otherwise it wont work.

Cheetah24
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville
Hi BZ,

Another thing to note, apart from sending a message to moderators is that it might take some time for the porting to take effect. In my case it took a while (the email I got says upto two hours) to get the phone fully operational. So I suggest alongside messaging moderators maybe try again after two hours or so to see if the issue is still there.

@BZSorry you are having trouble, sometimes it can take some time for the port to be successful. I know when I first ported over only part of my service for each worked for a few hours. I had an extra phone so I had each sim card in each phone and I was actually able to using the same number to message my other phone. Not sure how long it has been but like @meocon I also suggest contacting a moderator. Click this link Click here to message moderator

I know it can be a little frustrating to wait but send a message to the moderator team and include your name, account number and/or phone number and pin number and they will get back to you between Monday-Friday 9am-9pm (EDT) and Satuday-Sunday 9AM-7:30PM (EDT)

Hopefully by the time they get back to you, your service will be up and running.

Welcome to public mobile 🙂

meocon

@BZ I recommend you send a private message to the moderator team and ask them to fix that up for you as your porting number has been failed.  include your account# or phone#, as well as your account PIN (if know) to help speed up the identification process.

Click here to send the moderator team a private message.

You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

How long until a moderator replies?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9am to 9pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during office hours, in the order in which they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

How can I view my private messages between myself and a Community Moderator?

Need Help? Let's chat.