cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to make call to some local numbers

Sherin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I have a plan which supports local calls, but I am unable to make calls to some specific local numbers. I live in a small town called Schriber in Ontario province. The local numbers to which I am not able to make calls are Local government organizations in Schrieber like schriber public library, Schrieber clinic, Schrieber dental office. Please guide. More interesting thing is I am able to make calls to the government organizations on the nearby town Terrace Bay. I am clueless regarding what the issue is.

3 REPLIES 3

@Sherin, is the area code number the same as your phone number?  I have had problems in the past dialing new exchanges (the second 3 digits) in a different area code within my city.  The original area code here is 519, and I’m on the first overlay area code 226.

it could be a provisioning issue.  I personally think in my case, the new exchange in my City, wasn’t added to an ´allowed calling’ file or database at Public Mobile, but hey, that’s just a guess.

As suggested, contacting the Mod Team is the best step.

It certainly can't hurt to dial the 1 in front of the area code.  It's not actually supposed to make a dfiference, except to skip a message that says "Long distance may apply.  We are connecting your call" (or words to that effect).

Everything I've read about this suggest that this is usually an account provisioning issue.  As suggested when there's an issue specific to your acccount, you'll have to contact Moderator_Team.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Sherin

Most plans will include at least within province calling.  Have you tried adding 1 with area code  ie.  dialing 1- XXX- XXX- XXXX?  Maybe try re-booting your phone.  

If that does not work, you may need to contact moderator and ask them to check out the issue.  

Or just send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.