cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable To Send Text Messages to the UK

Dkoko
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I and my wife joined PM on Nov 2nd and can't seem to send text messages to the UK. We are able to send to other countries without any issues. The messages just fail to send. We are both on iPhones. Any suggestions would be appretiated, thanks

11 REPLIES 11

Dkoko

This did not work for me

Dkoko

This did not work

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I have sent text messages successfully to people on EE and Lebara using 011 44 front end.  Not sure why it isn't working here. 

@mimmo wrote:

@RobertQc are you sure about the country limitations? I know that they are for long distance but this is the first I heard for texting 

@mimmoNope I could be wrong but I can only go on the information I can find. Either way UK should be fine but its a good question.

Public mobile defines "international" as those 18 countries.

Public mobile also used to offer "global texting", but now they offer "international texting" instead. It should be safe to assume there is a difference otherwise why would they change the name, and why would they not specify if there was a different list for international texting, vs international calling unless "international texting" = "global texting" but then it brings back my first question of why did they change the name?

I have sent a message to the mod team to officially clarify this.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@RobertQc are you sure about the country limitations? I know that they are for long distance but this is the first I heard for texting 

@Dkoko do your friends or you  use wattsapp?  That might be an easier solution. Many people in Europe have gone to WhatsApp viber  etc. Last time I was in itally the plans actually charged users  for sending sms so people didn't use sms.

Do you know what tetwork your friend is on in the UK? 

I have always used +country code for dialing and texting are your friends able to sms you?

Is it only one UK number that is problematic or multiple? 

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Try omitting the last 1..

Dkoko

if you are refering to "011 44" - I have tried that as well

@Dkoko wrote:

I have = +44

@DkokoYou need the exit code. 011. Country code is 44 and drop the +

So try 01144

@Carld123 wrote:

So...01 44 1 then the number xxx xxx xxx..?

I thought the exit code was 011

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

So...011 44 1 then the number xxx xxx xxx..?

Dkoko

I have = +44

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Dkoko wrote:

I and my wife joined PM on Nov 2nd and can't seem to send text messages to the UK. We are able to send to other countries without any issues. The messages just fail to send. We are both on iPhones. Any suggestions would be appretiated, thanks

International texting is not world wide (global texting). But UK is included in this 18 list of international so it should be working.

International Included countries: Canada, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States, and Venezuela.

I could be wrong but I can only go on the information I can find. Either way UK should be fine but its a good question.

Public mobile defines "international" as those 18 countries.

Public mobile also used to offer "global texting", but now they offer "international texting" instead. It should be safe to assume there is a difference otherwise why would they change the name, and why would they not specify if there was a different list for international texting, vs international calling unless "international texting" = "global texting" but then it brings back my first question of why did they change the name?

I have sent a message to the mod team to officially clarify this.

Have you included the "exit" code + "country code" when sending your message ?

Need Help? Let's chat.