cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US plans

rissahutch
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have purchased 1gz of US data the day I  got to the usa but have not been able to use it. Is there something I have to do to turn it on. I thought it would automatically work.  This is the third day here and so far nothing. I have also purchased the bundle package on my child's phone and she hasn't gotten anywhere with hers either. 

14 REPLIES 14

@Anonymous wrote:

@rissahutch wrote:
i have autopay. so i just purchased US roaming data 1gb. i have turned the phone off and on. still nothing. 

You can't purchase add-ons via autopay.

@rissahutch  If that's what you were thinking when you typed "i have autopay", @Anonymous  has hit the nail on the head here, i.e. the autopay function is to renew your monthly(30 days) plan on each renewal date, and DOES NOT work for buying add-ons. If that's what you meant, I suggest you go back to page 1 of this thread, and read the posts that have the information about how to actually purchase the add-on you want. After that, it's really quite easy to go into your account, add the necessary funds, and make the purchase.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@rissahutch wrote:
i have autopay. so i just purchased US roaming data 1gb. i have turned the phone off and on. still nothing. 

You can't purchase add-ons via autopay.

Was your data working while in Canada?

Did you turn on roaming?

@rissahutch wrote:

Please take time to read the suggestions and let us know if you have done them and the outcome. Most specificly have you got roaming turn on for both phones?

rissahutch

NimishP

rissahutch,

To turn on US service, you must go to settings, and turn on roaming.

If you have an Apple device, you must go to Settings > Cellular and turn on Data Roaming.

If you have an Android device, you must go to Settings > Data Usage and turn on Data Roaming.

@Anonymous wrote:

@CannonFodder wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

There are two steps to buying add-ons. Deposit money. Buy add-on. Perhaps you've done the first.

While we don't know for sure if this two step process is the issue in this case, since the OP hasn't returned yet, it just blows me away at the number of people that seem to think that all they have to do is plunk $x.xx in their account, and the system is going to read their minds about what they want to do with that money. 🤔 

You've been here a bit now...have you bought add-ons? It's not exactly obvious. I can't say as I blame new customers for not getting it. You have to read the details. It SEEMS like you're going about purchasing it.

Yeah, the only add-ons I've gotten, were the Holiday 400mins./1GB freebies, and I DO understand that it's not the most intuitive process, but like ANY online purchase, you generally have to do more than JUST throw $x.xx at something, to get said purchase done.

I was just commenting on the sheer number of people that seem to have this same issue..... it's just kinda surprising.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CannonFodder wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

There are two steps to buying add-ons. Deposit money. Buy add-on. Perhaps you've done the first.

While we don't know for sure if this two step process is the issue in this case, since the OP hasn't returned yet, it just blows me away at the number of people that seem to think that all they have to do is plunk $x.xx in their account, and the system is going to read their minds about what they want to do with that money. 🤔 

You've been here a bit now...have you bought add-ons? It's not exactly obvious. I can't say as I blame new customers for not getting it. You have to read the details. It SEEMS like you're going about purchasing it.

@Anonymous wrote:

Enable Roaming and (if it's a separate setting) enable Roaming Data.

Some Androids are lousy at network handovers (because too much fragmented or simply bad software). You might need to restart the device or toggle Airplane Mode to force connections with unrecognized networks.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Here is more info about troubleshooting US roaming add-on.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/us-roaming

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@rissahutch  Make sure your device roaming setting is turned on.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

As long as the add ons shows in both accounts @rissahutch enable roaming on both phones and restart them. If this does not work, try manually choosing AT&T and restarting again.

@rissahutch wrote:

I have purchased 1gz of US data the day I  got to the usa but have not been able to use it. Is there something I have to do to turn it on. I thought it would automatically work.  This is the third day here and so far nothing. I have also purchased the bundle package on my child's phone and she hasn't gotten anywhere with hers either. 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@rissahutch wrote:

Purchasing addons is a two step process.  Here is a great tutorial on how to purchase addons created by @srlawren  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/HOWTO-Purchasing-Add-ons/m-p/198974

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

Data will need roaming on.

Need Help? Let's chat.