cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US long distance minutes not working

84DerekNg
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have an active CAN US long distance 200 min calling plan which I have previously used 18 minutes from. It is my understanding that they do not expire but now when I try to make a call it tells me I do not have an add on even though my account is showing I have an active add on.

May I have some help please? I have some business calls I need to make! 

@CS_Agent

11 REPLIES 11

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@simonguillot in that case, you will need to click here to send a private message to the @moderator_team for assistance. They are Public Mobile support employees who can help with your issue.

In your message please include:

• PM account email address
  • PM phone number
  • Detailed explanation

Note: Community Moderators are available from Mon-Thursday 9am to 9pm, and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [All times in Toronto/Montreal time zone]. You can message them at any time, and they will respond as soon as possible within those working hours. More information about the community moderators.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

simonguillot

it tells me the call cannot be completed because i do not have a long distance add on

bu

I do !!

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@simonguillot what happens when you try to dial a long distance number?  Are you dialing it with the "1" at the beginning of the number?  Do you hear a message that long distance charges may apply?  If so, does the call not connect right after?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

simonguillot

i too have this issue

i have the add on but unable to do long distance

since when this is this way ?

am i paying for something i am not using ?

addon.JPG

84DerekNg

You were definitely spot on, except I was only silent because of a busy day lol. Thanks for your replies and help guys. Heart

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ShawnC13,

Yes, that could be the case.

@Michael77, it has been my experience that if the post goes quiet the OP realizes that it was their error or misunderstanding of the plan.  I could be wrong but that is what I have noticed.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Michael77

@84DerekNg,

I am interested in knowing if the issue is what @ShawnC13 mentioned earlier. 🙂

Taekgun

@ShawnC13, good catch.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@84DerekNg, just a quick question are you currently in the US trying to make a call?  That long distance plan is only for calls originating in Canada.  If you have travelled to the US you won't have service unless you have Purchased a US add on.  If you are in Canada trying to call the US there are certain area codes that can not be called .  Here is a list https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Which-U-S-area-codes-are-not-supported-...

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Taekgun

It sounds like you hit a bit of a snag with the self-serve portal. You'll need the help of a moderator to get your account sorted out and get this add-on manually added back.

Send a private message to @CS_Agent, include your following info:
- account number
- phone number
- a brief description of what has happened

…and they will be able to look into it for you.
Click the link for an explanation on how to private message the moderators: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder...

*** I’m here to help but I’m not a PM Moderator, so please don’t private message me with any of your account information. ***

Need Help? Let's chat.