cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US calls coming in

sue-s
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Is there a charge if someone from the states calls you on your cell while you are in Canada?

6 REPLIES 6

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@popping wrote:

But the call will be treated as regular call to use the minutes provided by your plan.

@sue-s  this statment quote above deserves a bit more exploration:

IF you are on the $10 plan featuring 50 Canada-wide talk mins and 50 outgoing text messages, beware that ANY call you make or answer (no matter where from in the world) with your phone will consume your 50 mins of airtime.

IF you are on any other plan which includes unlimited province-wide talk, unlimited canada-wide talk, or unlimtied Canada-wide and to the US talk, then you can talk as much as you want when someone calls you from anywhere in the world.  OFFICIALLY if you are on a province-wide talk plan, this is only true if you are in your home province (based on your phone number's area code)--however, many have noted that they can receive calls from anywhere while anywhere in Canada even on the province-wide talk plans.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Rockhopper99
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

With your plan being prepaid , you can’t get billed after the fact. If it’s not a part of your plan, the call would not go through. You’re good. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@sue-s wrote:

So if someone calls me from the states or overseas and we talk for sometime I won't be billed?

Caller pays for the long distance charge.

You will not be charged for long distance. 

But the call will be treated as regular call to use the minutes provided by your plan.

@sue-s wrote:

So if someone calls me from the states or overseas and we talk for sometime I won't be billed?

The cost of all calls are charged at the caller end if there is a long distance charge.  So you should be fine. 

sue-s
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@sue-s 

No charge for any incoming calls from Canada, US or International.

Public mobile is prepaid, so no surprise extra charges or overages.  

Need Help? Let's chat.