cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Roaming Network issues

wchong
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Does anyone know why my phone won't connect to AT&T or T-Mobile?

I'm currently in Maryland, I purchased a US roaming data add-on and can't seem to connect to either provider. I'm also using an unlocked Nexus 6p.

Any insights would be great, thanks!
11 REPLIES 11

Hi Wchong and Jigginsmcgee,

We truly apologize for the delay; we have been receiving a high volume of request.

Can you please confirm if your issue was resolved? If not, can you please PM us with your account number and mobile number in order for us to look into it.

Thank you for your patience.

jigginsmcgee
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@wchong any service yet? Still nothing for me. I've sent the mods a message but I'm sure they are still swamped with activation stuff.

@Shazia_K or any other mods: have other people been reporting this?

wchong
@jigginsmcgee nope. I've tried to manually connect to both networks and it hasn't worked. I've even tried entering all the access point network settings for non-at&t specific android devices, and still no luck.

jigginsmcgee

@wchong are you able to connect to either T-Mobile or AT&T manually? At first my phone would not connect automatically (now it does but just getting no service).

wchong
Still no service, it's pretty disappointing. Having to jump from WiFi to WiFi spot while traveling is definitely not the most ideal.

jigginsmcgee

I was able to get it working for a couple days this week but since yesterday morning nothing has worked (no settings were changed). I have the talk/text/data combo and while I'm able to connect to the AT&T network I receive no data and am unable to call, text, or receive any data.

Pretty frustrated, to be honest, but I'm hoping this is just a problem out of the gate and not a sign of long-term difficulties.

Tup

Still no service today?  I plan to use this feature next month....hopefully this is a glitch or isolated issue. 

wchong
My account shows it, yes.
I added it 2 days ago, and it's the data only 1gb option.

That's unfortunate I guess, but thanks for the responses!

Tup

Your account shows that you have US roaming as an addon?  I wonder if anyone has used US roaming as of yet....it only came out on the 14th.  Seems like you have done all you can.  If it doesn't work, I would think you would be entitled to a refund.  When did you enable the addon?  Did you add voice?  Text?  data?  All 3?

wchong
Yup, I've enabled roaming, rebooted my phone several times, and attempted tp manually connect to both networks to no avail... =(

Tup

Have you checked your cellular data settings to make sure Roaming is enabled?  Go to Settings, Mobile networks....and turn on data roaming.

Need Help? Let's chat.