cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Roaming Add On Idea

tehowennathe
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I love how US roaming is cheaper then other carriers. Though would love to see better data options. 

If PM charged $25-$30 to use the data that's in your monthly plan would you pay more? When I'm in the US I often like to explore new areas. That means relying on GPS and Google for places to go. If we where able to use our plan data I'd pay more for long trips. For shorter trips that don't require data I would use the talk and text option. 

Having the option to use your plan data would make potential customers see that we get the same service as major carriers and still cheaper. I'd bet it would bring more customers to PM.

3 REPLIES 3

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@tehowennathe essentially you're asking for Easy Roam / Roam Like Home / Fido Roam / whatever Bell's companies call it.  I think this would be harder to pull off with pre-paid plans.  Since they can't bill you after the fact, either (1) you'd have to log into your account every 24 hours to keep adding a 1 day "Easy Roam" daily add on to restore your service, OR (2) they'd have to have flexible purchasing similar to how Roam Mobility works, where you pick a start date and end date and then it would charge you x days of "Easy Roam" add-on, but up front of course since everything is pre-purchase only.  It's probably not impossible to do something like this, but I just can't see them investing the development resources into it for PM.  If they decide to offer this for Koodo pre-paid customer, PM would likely inherit it since they share a backend system with Koodo pre-paid; however, I think this is one of those features where they would prefer you to move up to Koodo (post-paid) or Telus to gain this type of flexibility.  In other words, it's a market differentiator for them and a carrot to move up the $ chain.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

No I would not pay more to use the data in my account.  It is like paying twice for the same thing.  I like the current concept.  The only thing I wish they would do is implement a user specified start time for the US add-ons with the default being immediate if the customer does not choose a time.  This way, they could allow customers to make multiple purchases.  We see a lot of issues with customers trying to repurchase an add-on because they ran out of data before running out of time.  The system won't allow that.  Contacting the moderator team could take a day or two.  This arrangement just doesn't work. 

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
I would like to have more options for the length of the addons and for more places than just the US.
Need Help? Let's chat.