cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URGENT: Regarding complete SIM activation

sk2mural
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I recently ported from chatr to public mobile. I am neither able to receive calls nor able to access data (i don't have an option to modify APN settings in my phone, so please don't suggest that method), also it looks like the port is only partially completed because my SIM from the previous service provider has not been deactivated yet. Both my public mobile SIM and chatr SIM are active right now at the moment.

I was asked to fill in the SIM and activtion form online which is no where to be found on the website. I also received a SMS stating that they needn't my IMEI number from previous service provider for activtion. So, i have private messaged the moderators and also active public mobile organisation staff, all my details (all that is advised in the forum and many more).

So far i haven't got response from any. Its almost 2 days since i activated and i don't have full access yet and my plan with my previous service provider is about to expire in few hours. No one will be able to reach me after that.

I need URGENT help from the moderators and they don't seem to provide any quick help for a new customer.

I don't know how else to reach them for quick service. I'm worried. Please help.

19 REPLIES 19

sk2mural

@will13am @geopublic @Triguy @Lieux 

Thank you all for your support.

The mods just got back and fixed it up all for me. Now the connection works just fine. 

sk2mural

@geopublic Thanks! 🙂

@sk2mural wrote:

@geopublic , yes the developer options are enabled. 

The reason you don't see chatr APNs is because I've got to previous screen click on SIM 2 and go to APN of that SIM and then i'm able to see them. It's on a completely different menu and screen, which is why it isn't there in my above attached screenshot.

Yet again, i would repeat saying that my issue isn't with the APNs, the issue is with porting. My number hasn't been completely ported yet and i really hope the mods get back to resolve my issue really fast 😕

@sk2muralIf you PM'ed the mods with the IMEI info the port will happen just be patient. If you can't figure out your APN problem then it means your data will not work with PM.

If you can't figure out the APN try using a Freedom or Roam.com sim apparenty they allow you to add an APN entry.

Good Luck!

sk2mural

@geopublic , yes the developer options are enabled. 

The reason you don't see chatr APNs is because I've got to previous screen click on SIM 2 and go to APN of that SIM and then i'm able to see them. It's on a completely different menu and screen, which is why it isn't there in my above attached screenshot.

Yet again, i would repeat saying that my issue isn't with the APNs, the issue is with porting. My number hasn't been completely ported yet and i really hope the mods get back to resolve my issue really fast 😕

sk2mural

@will13am done that as well, didn't work.

I really pray for the mods to get back in time so that they can completely port my number in first place.

@sk2mural wrote:

@geopublic my phone is a dual sim one. So both my SIMs are on. Tried doing that, doesn't work. Mods have to completely port my number. Its weird that both my SIMs are getting signal and working. My chatr sim hasn't deactivated yet.

If both sims are in then why doesn't the chatr APN show up in your screenshot. Take out the PM sim and just try it with the chatr sim in slot 2. Also do you have Developer options enabled on your device?

@sk2mural wrote:

@will13am , unfortunately nothing changes with me toggling the SIM options.

The only Asus phone I ever owned was the Zenfone 2.  IIRC Asus likes to replicate some android features and run it off their own app.  Is there any Asus app that has system settings related to adding APNs.  Other than that, I am totally out of ideas here.  I tried google and no real help there either.  Actually, one last suggestion, try with only the Public Mobile SIM card in the phone.  See if that makes the network reset effective or the add APN setting appear. 

sk2mural

@geopublic my phone is a dual sim one. So both my SIMs are on. Tried doing that, doesn't work. Mods have to completely port my number. Its weird that both my SIMs are getting signal and working. My chatr sim hasn't deactivated yet.

sk2mural

@will13am , unfortunately nothing changes with me toggling the SIM options.

@sk2mural wrote:

@will13am  this is only option I have in APNs and yes, I have tried resetting it to default and nothing worked.

Anyway, I appreciate for your help. I don't think this would work unless the mdoerators completely port my number. As you can see from my screenshots's notification bar, both my SIMs are active. This means they haven't ported my number completely yet 😞 Looks like I'll have to wait for ages for the mods to resolve my issue. Honestly I wouldn't mind paying extra for them to set up a call centre to resolve issues quickly 😕

Screenshot_20190426-140302.png

@sk2mural  Insert your Chatr sim and try to add the PM APN entries.

@sk2mural wrote:

@will13am  this is only option I have in APNs and yes, I have tried resetting it to default and nothing worked.

Anyway, I appreciate for your help. I don't think this would work unless the mdoerators completely port my number. As you can see from my screenshots's notification bar, both my SIMs are active. This means they haven't ported my number completely yet 😞 Looks like I'll have to wait for ages for the mods to resolve my issue. Honestly I wouldn't mind paying extra for them to set up a call centre to resolve issues quickly 😕

The x is not in reference to number porting.  It is a notification that a mobile data connection has not been made.  This of course is attributed to the APN setting being incorrect.  Without the option to add and only Koodo and Telus available for selection, it is no win situation.

I was not aware that this is a dual SIM model.  Does anything change if you toggle the default data SIM selection?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sk2mural wrote:

Honestly I wouldn't mind paying extra for them to set up a call centre to resolve issues quickly 😕

I would. Go elsewhere if you want to pay more.

sk2mural

@sk2mural wrote:

@will13am Oh okay, its a bit frustrating not having any connection. I expected a good customer service and here i am 😞

And i'm using Asus zenfone max pro m1 and its running android 9. So yeah, it doesn't have any options to edit APNs.

Is there vertical dots in the upper right corner?  There must be a menu in the APNs tab.  At one point, android 8.1 removed the add APN function.  It has since been restored and is definitely availble in android 9.

Edit:  I wonder if the phone itself can auto pick up the APN settings based on the SIM card that is installed in the phone.  Try going to backup and reset and do a network reset.  Don't do a factory reset, just network reset.

@sk2mural wrote:

@Triguy I have done this twice already. I meesaged them twice with a one day interval in between. Looks like no one is out from the moderator team to sort out my porting issue quickly. 

Nothing we can do more here...there is a queue and we don't have access to it...

sk2mural

@Triguy I have done this twice already. I meesaged them twice with a one day interval in between. Looks like no one is out from the moderator team to sort out my porting issue quickly. 

sk2mural

@will13am Oh okay, its a bit frustrating not having any connection. I expected a good customer service and here i am 😞

And i'm using Asus zenfone max pro m1 and its running android 9. So yeah, it doesn't have any options to edit APNs.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Sounds like your porting got stuck.  You would need to contact a moderator.  It may take sometme as they are quite busy with recent service & account issues.

Moderator can be reached at 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@sk2mural, stuck ports can only be remedied by the moderator team.  My interaction yesterday was about half day.  Please remain patient. 

With respect to APN setting issues, what model of phone and software is it running.  I am going to guess that the phone is running android 8.1.  There are possible workarounds. 

Need Help? Let's chat.