cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two different passwords?

terrybev
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I am still new here and trying to figure out everything. I am a bit confused. Does your community and my account have 2 different passwords? I keep getting locked out of "my account" page, and decided to use a different password, and it worked. I don't remember using a different password for the ommunity page, but then my memory isn't the greatest

6 REPLIES 6

@terrybev wrote:

I am still new here and trying to figure out everything. I am a bit confused. Does your community and my account have 2 different passwords? I keep getting locked out of "my account" page, and decided to use a different password, and it worked. I don't remember using a different password for the ommunity page, but then my memory isn't the greatest

The passwords can be different, if you've specifically set them as such.  Also, the usernames/login name will be different.  The self-serve account requires an e-mail address to be used as the login.  The Community account username can be almost anything, although it doesn't allow for long member ID/usernames.

@terrybev wrote:

Thank you I didn't remember when I signed up for the community page, that I had used a seperate password. I was wondering why I kept getting locked out, and had to keep changing my password, lol

@terrybev  Lol funny. I hope one day they merge at least part of them together, the official private moderator communication should be done directly in self-serve, imo.

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@terrybev as @RobertQc has pointed out, they are two accounts; they are linked by the email address (which should be the same for both accounts).  This will allow community awards to be linked to the self-serve account.  When setting up the community forum account, you can choose a different pw than the one used for your self-serve account.

terrybev
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thank you I didn't remember when I signed up for the community page, that I had used a seperate password. I was wondering why I kept getting locked out, and had to keep changing my password, lol

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@terrybev wrote:

@terrybev  Yes, you have a community account, and a self serve account. Two completely different pages

One of for here, talking to people, communication, online public forum.

Community

The other is official self-serve account related changes / billing / add-ons / roaming / phone number changes / plan options etc

Self-Serve

halda
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just experienced the same problem.  Had to register again for access to the community.

Need Help? Let's chat.