cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two accounts on one email address.

mellschell
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My husband and I just switched to Public Mobile and we both gave my email address for our accounts because I am the only one that regularly uses email. Is it possible to have both our accounts on the same email for self serve? I made a self serve account for my husband's phone and now can't figure out what to do for mine. 

11 REPLIES 11

It is still one phone number per email.  No exceptions.

The toggle icon has been there since at least summer 2016 when I joined.

mellschell

The toggle is why I thought I could have more than one account per email. I don't believe anything has changed. 

88cranston
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi.  I understand that you are not able to have two accounts using only one email. As the Public Mobile online account has its similarities to the Telus prepaid acounts on My Telus. On Telus you have a toggle to view linked mobile accounts. I see the same toggle on Public Mobile. 

So. 

1. Can, now, you use one email for two accounts at same address?

2. Can you link accounts to one email address?

Irene01
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just wanted to add that I got back within my locked-out account the same day. Thank you, Public Mobile. Great service!

Irene01
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I would have tended to agree with you until today, because I just locked myself out of my secondary account (used when I only want to carry a flip phone, and as a power failure backup that charges quickly). If both accounts had been under the same email address, I would have been locked out of both.

dumbdobie1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have multiple lines and needed two different email accounts. Kind of a pain but what can you do 😕

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mellschell trying to understand. I am Assuming you activated in store yes that is why you are now creating an accounts.  (Don't think system will let you create a second account using an email address that is in the system)

If so the email account you have during signup is just used for communication from pm and is seperate from the self serve accounts. When people change their self serve email then need to ask mods to update the address on their end as well)

Mods will tell you same thing only one account per email address.

mellschell

Thanks! I've sent a message. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Use an email alias if you use Gmail

Name@gmail na.me@gmail and name+xyz all go to the same address.

Outlook offers aliases aswell but  You need to set it up in settings.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@mellschell

It is not possible to use the same email address for both accounts.  Each account needs its own email address.  

You might need to contact moderator to sort things out with your accounts.

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Please include in the private message your phone number, your account number and PIN code.

Zhuoyu
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

You need a new email address for the second pm account. You will not be able to activate the second account with the same email.

Need Help? Let's chat.