cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to order a new sim card -- shopping cart isn't working right

ddv
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I ran into an odd situation trying to order a couple of new sim cards. From my self-serve page, I added them to the cart. But then the cart wanted me to log in again. I tried several times and kept getting an error message that my password was not correct -- odd, since I was just logged in!

Finally, I tried the lost password link. Now I got an error that the e-mail address is not in the system. Twice. Tried 2 other e-mail addresses associated with 2 other Public Mobile accounts -- same error. Tried a different browser, same problem.

Went back to the PM main page and logged into my self-serve page without any problems. Still couldn't successfully order new sim cards. I finally had to check out as guest -- using the same e-mail address that was not found in the system a few minutes ago. Got the confirmation e-mail just fine.

So, I'm not asking for help, just trying to let PM know that the system is broken. If you want to grow your cell phone business, I think step one is to make sure it is possible to place an order for a sim card!!!

6 REPLIES 6

Misudisco
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've had the same problem both buying a SIM card and buying a used iPhone on the PM site. Three years later and PM's system STILL doesn't work. So bye bye, PM. PM really needs to start paying attention.

ddv

I did see the recent e-mail about ordering from Amazon. And I wonder if adding that new option somehow broke the existing on-line ordering system (it used to work, I've bought sim cards on-line a couple of times this year.)

Interestingly, when one uses the store locator to search for vendors, the very top of the list is a link to the on-line option. Amazon is never mentioned. (There is a link in one of the Community posts.) 

Personally, I prefer purchasing direct. PM offers free shipping, Amazon wants $5 to ship it (unless you already bought their Prime scheme or are buying 4 or more at a time).

YVR
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@kelvarnsen wrote:

There is always ordering from Amazon.

Depending where you are, you can goto a physical location that sells SIMs in your province.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/store-locator

kelvarnsen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

There is always ordering from Amazon.

ddv

I tried a whole new browser!

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ddv 

PM self-serve system does not handle seesion state very well.  After getting error, restart your browser to ensure to have a fresh session to start over again.

Need Help? Let's chat.