cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tried calling my number and my husbands PM phone ring

danpacita
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

Signed up with PM this weekend. 2 phones were activated at the same time. My daughter in law tried calling my number today and my husbands phone number also rang. We are so confused as both accounts have different accounts. Please help us to un link the 2 numbers. Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9

@danpacita wrote:

Hi. Checked both accounts and have different number associated to each account. 

This is good news.  Using each phone, make a phone call and see what the call display on the receiving phone shows.  This will verify that calling feature is working with the right number. 

danpacita

Thanks. Will try this.

EddieL

If both phones are iPhones, are you using the same iCloud account?  If so, make sure the handoff feature is turned off.  Go to settings, general, handoff.

Be patient @danpacita it can take few hours to 2 days...Smiley Frustrated

danpacita

Thanks. Will try to contact a moderator.

danpacita

Hi. Checked both accounts and have different number associated to each account. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@danpacita, take a look at each phone and find the phone number associated with each.  It is highly unlikely that both have been assigned the same phone number.  One assignment would clobber the other. 

@danpacita wrote:

Hi,

Signed up with PM this weekend. 2 phones were activated at the same time. My daughter in law tried calling my number today and my husbands phone number also rang. We are so confused as both accounts have different accounts. Please help us to un link the 2 numbers. Thanks.

This sounds to me to be another case of Public Mobile reportedly porting in the alternate contact phone numberr instead of the one that was requested to your husband's account.

If by any chance they happen to transfer in your husbands to your phone by mistake, and you've made sure that incoming calls works to both phones not matter which carrier the other person is calling you from, just switch sim cards.

Whatever you do, do not try to fix this yourself, and definitely do not try to replace the phone number on your husband's account with another.

I strongly suspect that you will need a moderator to help you. https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Sharry19
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@danpacita Just wondering if both of you have iphones & by mistake she is calling on facetime audio, could you please make sure this is not the case ?

Need Help? Let's chat.