cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring my old number

Alex85
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I tried to transfer my old number from kodoo, but when I typed the number to see its eligibility public mobile said its not eligible. Any thoughts of what to do next?

Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

@angelkisses660 wrote:

My boyfriend want to switch from koodo prepaid to here so he will have to email a mod to bring over his number?

Yes. Telus owns Koodo and Public Mobile. There's a shared system in the background between Koodo prepaid and here. That's why the moderators are needed.

angelkisses660
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My boyfriend want to switch from koodo prepaid to here so he will have to email a mod to bring over his number?

@_parth23 wrote:

hello, in order for you to use your same number i belive you should first call koodo and tell them you want to port your cellphone number, after that try again on public mobile by entering cellphone number and i think it should work. let me know if this helps.

@_parth23You do not need to tell your old provider you want to port your number. The new carrier will do that on your behalf by submitting the request.

The issue from the eligibility checker when trying to port a number on the existing prepaid telus network like koodo is they share the same back end, so the system doesn't understand why you are trying to port a number that is essentially already here. So that requires the moderator team to do it for you.

The old account MUST remain active, if you hint to your old provider you are about to cancel something may happen that you wish did not. You never know but it seems pretty risky to me.

_parth23
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

hello, in order for you to use your same number i belive you should first call koodo and tell them you want to port your cellphone number, after that try again on public mobile by entering cellphone number and i think it should work. let me know if this helps.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Alex85 wrote:

I tried to transfer my old number from kodoo, but when I typed the number to see its eligibility public mobile said its not eligible. Any thoughts of what to do next?

Thank you!

Koodo prepaid and PM are sharing the same backend.  The automated porting system cannot port a number within the same provider.  You need to send a private message to moderator for help.  Moderator wait time is 3 days.  Make sure that your Koodo prepaid is active for the  next few days.

Tav
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Alex85 wrote:

Thank you!

If its prepaid you have to message the mods to transfer it. 

You can do so by clicking here.

Make sure its active and make sure to include your Kodoo account number.

Need Help? Let's chat.