cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring Phone Number from Public Mobile to Freedom Mobile

pubhoe
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just switched my carrier from Public Mobile to Freedom Mobile but my number has not transferred over to Freedom yet. I received a text from Public acknowledging that I want to cancel my account and transfer my phone number to another carrier.

Upon speaking to Freedom, I was told that my number at Public has more than one request on it to be transferred. 

Please let me know how this issue can be solved and how I can transfer my number. 

4 REPLIES 4

Lar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Luddite  One wonders how big this porting scam will have to get before ALL providers do something serious about it.  I wonder if PM is any safer than the rest?

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@pubhoe Make sure you still control your PM account. Login to self serve and change the account password. If the account has expired you must reactivate it.

The moderators can be reached by submitting a ticket:

1. click https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ and go to step 5; if that fails click the ? on the lower right of this page,

2. enter "refund",

3. click "Contact us",

4. click "Submit ticket",

5. login (manually if your username/password are not filled in),

6. click the drop down menu (in the white area),

7. pick the topic that fits your issue and follow the directions to submit it,

8. If none of the topics are correct click Other/Something Else until you reach the blank form

Good luck.

PRECAUTION: If you are using your PM for text to manage security with any bank/financial accounts change your contact point immediately. Someone may be trying to hack your accounts. See: https://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/phone-porting-extortion-1.5352300

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@pubhoe wrote:

I just switched my carrier from Public Mobile to Freedom Mobile but my number has not transferred over to Freedom yet. I received a text from Public acknowledging that I want to cancel my account and transfer my phone number to another carrier.

Upon speaking to Freedom, I was told that my number at Public has more than one request on it to be transferred. 

Please let me know how this issue can be solved and how I can transfer my number. 

You have to get moderafors to remove the requests and then get Freedom to trt again.

To contact Public Mobile moderafors click on the question mark on the right side of the screen and open a ticket.

Need Help? Let's chat.