cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfering/porting a number

Jhs
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just hooked my daughter up with Public.  This is the erd phone I have transfered to Public.  I never had a problem porting our numbers until this one.  When I try to do it I keep getting a generic error message.  Help!?

36 REPLIES 36

Marchibald
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I transferred in the middle of my plan as I was just testing the waters. I didn't need a credit card as I was already using an active account.

meocon
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@wetcoaster I have this issue before I tried many times but don’t know what’s going (clear cache, use different web browsers, etc...) but the issue was still there and then I tried to use another my credit card don’t know how IT WORKS 🙂 so that’s why im sharing here

@meocon wrote:

You should try another your credit card when you're trying to sign up. If it's still a problem, 

I recommend you send a private message to the moderator team and ask them to investigate.  include your account# or phone#, as well as your account PIN (if know) to help speed up the identification process.

Click here to send the moderator team a private message.

You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

@meocon

@Jhswas asking about porting problems? I don't see the connection to the credit card...

@Jhs

Assuming that you have been able to set up the account, clearing the browser cache / using a different browser / incognito mode would be my place to start.

Then click "I'm authorized" first before putting in phone number and account number only (assuming  that the current provider does have account numbers: you have to call ChatR for theirs, SpeakOut goes by IMEI and account PIN, etc ).

If it still doesn't work it's likely time to ask for assistance from the moderator team (use links provided above)

Marchibald
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I had the same issue. You only need to provide 1 bold info, and 1 of the other. So I can't remember the page. Remember to click the box where it says you're authorized to switch the #. I found the account # kept being rejected so try not using that one. Just the device #, and phone #. Be patient, and good luck. Hope it works

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Suggest you start over from the beginning after clearing your browser's cache, and using incognito mode, or even a different browser. Also, turn off any ad/popup blocker.

If your are still stuck, click this: message to moderators to send a private message to the moderator team with the SIM number, email address for the account, and an explanation. Moderator hours are: Monday - Friday 9AM (ET) - 9PM (ET); Saturday - Sunday 9AM (ET) - 7:30PM (ET).

You may also find it less risky to request a new number until the account is fully activated. After which you can login to the account and click Change Number to get to the transfer section.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

meocon
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You should try another your credit card when you're trying to sign up. If it's still a problem, 

I recommend you send a private message to the moderator team and ask them to investigate.  include your account# or phone#, as well as your account PIN (if know) to help speed up the identification process.

Click here to send the moderator team a private message.

You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

Need Help? Let's chat.