cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfering from Virgin

Autumn
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I just help my friend sign up for PM and she was from Virgin. I have completed signing her up with a PM account (porting/transfering her existing Virgin number over to PM and of course using a PM sim card). Her PM account is active. When inserting the PM sim card into an unlocked phone, she can make call out but cannot receive calls, it automatically sends to voicemail each time someone call her. When inserting her Virgin sim card, her account is still active and she can still get calls. What is happening does anyone know?

6 REPLIES 6

stewart1

I have had same problem I had to chane my number . All is working again Problem fixed.

youbme
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Glad to hear calls are now working. Data should be working too, it could be an issue with her phone. Have you tried resetting APN settings and restarting the phone? What type of phone does she have?

Here is information about APN settings:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Setting-up-Data-APN-on-your-phone/ta-p...

Autumn

Port has been completed because she is able to make calls and receive calls but there is no data available at this point. She got the $40 plan with 4.5G data. How long should the data service kick in? I thought right away?

passiveegg
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

As what the other community member has stated, it means the port in has not be successful. Sometimes Virgin may stop it because of a payment which is needed and you may have to pay that before the port in is done. Hopefully this is of help and your friend gets their service. 

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hey @Autumn, I just sent you a private message. Please get back to me with the requested information so we can sort this out :). 

Cheers,

Aïssata

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

You have an incomplete port. How long has it been. Ports can take up to 2 hours.  If after 2 hours you still have the issue then contact mods to resubmit the port.

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

If you have a Porting issue, please also include:

• The number you want to port, PM sim number, old account number, old account name exacly as on bill

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Fri 9am to 9pm, and Sat-Sun 9am to 7:30pm [Totonto Time] from 9am to 7:30pm [Totonto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

Additional Useful Information:

• Search PM-GUIDE (remove "-" during the search) to find some informative posts and answers to many common questions about Public Mobile

Need Help? Let's chat.