cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer number

fdunique
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi

I just get my SIM card by mail and opened a account, with a plan.

The problem is I asked to transfer my current cell number I have with telus to public mobile.

When first I created my account public mobile sent me a code, this code was recognised and I was able to continue.

But hen I insert the public mobile SIM card, no network is recognised, so I can't call or receive call.

I tried to call my number, on this cell and the line is still on telus after few hours, the cell phone is unlocked..

I filled all the info needed to transfer the number and get a message once the transfer is done, I will get a message. But nothing..

My plans is active (all paid for 30 days) , and there, is show the good phone number I transfered to public mobile from Telus. I still have my telus plan, (not cancelled and up to date) ans when I insert back the telus SIM card, it work ok.

Any solutions, 

Thank you

22 REPLIES 22

fdunique

Yes I tried in 2 other phone, same problems.

The solution here for me is to wait or the moderator to check whats going on.

Of course, It is my intention to keep Telus as far the SIM card from public mobile not work.

Thanks for your help and advice.

@fdunique wrote:

Hello

I tried your solutions

and the page reply

was 

We were unable to transfer the phone number you entered. Try one of the following options:
-  Make sure you entered your number correctly.
-  Select a new number.
-  Contact the Public Mobile Community for further assistance.

the first time when I bought the plan (yesterday) I didn't get this notice.

now I have, maybe the transfer is pending.

So far as the support model not being like what you provide, this is a business not the government. They are not going to change the way they do business just because one person does not like it. If they were to change on every complaint then they would also need to change their name to something like, I don’t know, maybe Telus Mobility. The support model is explained on the website and as mentioned, research needs to be done prior to choosing it. 

As long as your Telus sim is working the port as not gone through and all you can do is wait for the Mods to fix it. If your Telus sim stops working and your pm is still not working then there are things that the community can suggest to fix. 

So far as you pm sim showing no network, here to me seems to be your problem. If the sim was activated properly then this should show working, albeit somewhat limited. Maybe text in but not out or something along those lines. Have you tried your pm sim in another phone? 

fdunique

Hello

I tried your solutions

and the page reply

was 

We were unable to transfer the phone number you entered. Try one of the following options:
-  Make sure you entered your number correctly.
-  Select a new number.
-  Contact the Public Mobile Community for further assistance.

the first time when I bought the plan (yesterday) I didn't get this notice.

now I have, maybe the transfer is pending.

bhavpate4

this is easy. if you already activated phone then

> go to my account in pm then

> go to My profile

> click change number 

> then click on import or port number and you are done. it will be done instantly and your phone number will change instantly as well.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@fdunique 

I've not seen any hint of prioritization here. It seems to be purely first come first served.

fdunique

Hello

yes I understand some problems can wait because not urgent, the client have the line

but here, I have no line at all with the carrier, so I will have to renew with telus for this month.

I will wait for someone in public mobile to be in contact with me.

Like I do when I support my clients, I classified ticket by priority

1- no service (emergency) 1 hour response

2- network low latency - few hours response time

3- others - 24 hours response time

@fdunique wrote:

I understand your point, but some problems require a on-site technician with the adequate tools.

Forum is great but not the solution for every problems.

I am a support technician, and yes reach me could fix problems not possible other ways.

As I said, contact the Moderator_Team, as they are the ones who provide that assistance for 'account-related issues'.  But if you expect faster service, this isn't the carrier to be with.  Wait times are always delayed.  3 years ago before the headache that was the 2016 Fall Promo, wait times were 2 hours or less.  Telus refuses to deal properly with this issue by not having more support available to the customers, and also not fixing an ageing self-service system in a timely fashion.

I use Public Mobile because I'm very tech-savvy, and I understand how to research what I'm getting into, and I don't put myself in a position to rely on one form of communication with my contacts.  Yes, PM is my preferred method, and back-up number 1 is also a PM number.  But I also ensure I have access to those I need to contact (or they need to contact me) have other options.

fdunique

I understand your point, but some problems require a on-site technician with the adequate tools.

Forum is great but not the solution for every problems.

I am a support technician, and yes reach me could fix problems not possible other ways.

@chukdefatey wrote:

@stonechucker wrote:

@chukdefatey, there is no reason that support can't just be the community and private messages to the Moderator_Team for account-related issues. The community can provide very specific instructions when the subscriber follows the advice given.

Just because one pays for support, it doesn't mean you deserve a quick fix by telephone support.  If one desires telephone support, then one should go elsewhere.

In my estimation, the Community has provided 95% or more successful support results, in a quicker time than waiting on the telephone for support from a more expensive carrier.

I am not saying there should be Telephone Support. What I am saying is there should be a better way to get account related issues resolved then to wait days. 

My apologies, I missed that you were quoting someone in the email I was responding to. 

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@stonechucker wrote:

@chukdefatey, there is no reason that support can't just be the community and private messages to the Moderator_Team for account-related issues. The community can provide very specific instructions when the subscriber follows the advice given.

Just because one pays for support, it doesn't mean you deserve a quick fix by telephone support.  If one desires telephone support, then one should go elsewhere.

In my estimation, the Community has provided 95% or more successful support results, in a quicker time than waiting on the telephone for support from a more expensive carrier.

I am not saying there should be Telephone Support. What I am saying is there should be a better way to get account related issues resolved then to wait days. 

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@fdunique 

I don't understand why we can't reach them by phone when we have problem of this kind, anyway.

Thanks for your response

Since you don't understand why you can't reach them by Phone, so let me explain. Public Mobile is a service provider without a 'call centre' to keep the cost down. Which is why there are amazing $15 & $25 plans with nation wide calling with Unlimited messaging & Data.

On a side note you paid for a service as a new customer you deserve to get what you paid for so they should have a better way to reach someone who can assist in your kinds of situations. 

@fdunique wrote:

Hi

Did you try restarting your phone again to see if you can connect?

yes 6 times

When you login to your selfserve account does your plan show on the first page?

yes it show

Does it also show active?

yes it show: Account Status: Active

I opened a request for the moderator.

Thank you for your help

@fdunique  Ok, the moderator should be able to fix it for you. In the meantime you can continue to use your Telus sim. Also keep trying the PM sim every couple of hours to see if you can connect.

fdunique

Hi

Did you try restarting your phone again to see if you can connect?

yes 6 times

When you login to your selfserve account does your plan show on the first page?

yes it show

Does it also show active?

yes it show: Account Status: Active

I opened a request for the moderator.

Thank you for your help

@fdunique wrote:

Thanks Mellissa

how do I reach a MODs , by writting here ?

@fdunique First of all please note that if you cancel your Telus account the port will not complete and you could lose your  number. Your Telus account will close automatically when your phone port completes with Publuc Mobile.

If your card activated properly you should be able to connect to the PM mobile as soon as you insert your PM sim card in your phone. Did you try restarting your phone again to see if you can connect?

When you login to your selfserve account does your plan show on the first page? Doed it also show active?

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

@fduniquePublic Mobile has no call centre.. you can only contact the Moderators electronically via this message board using this link. https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

They will get back to you.. up to 48 hours.

fdunique

Thank you

fdunique

Thanks Mellissa

how do I reach a MODs , by writting here ?

fdunique

In fact the public mobile SIM card not work at all, (not able to find a network, not connected) even if my account there is active and show the number transfered. They said on their page it take up to 2-3 days for transfer a landline number and 2 hours for a cell phone.

so, actually I my public mobile service not work with this SIM card.

I didn't cancelled my service with telus, because I was suspicious if somethging not working, I will loose all my call. ... and seems it is the case (better to be safe that worries ... by experience)

Now how to reach a moderator.

I don't understand why we can't reach them by phone when we have problem of this kind, anyway.

Thanks for your response

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@fdunique 

At least Telus sim still working.  If port went through before Public sim working, you would have no working phone.  Moderator will need to finish activating for you and finish the porting.

Melissa-H77

When we transfer our number from Rogers to PM it took a while for the porting process to be completed. I have read it took take up to 24hour. I also had to turn my phone on and off a few time to get my phone to recognize the SIM card. After about an hour I was able to text and call out but not able to receive calls. After about 4 hours i finally got a text saying the porting process was complete. I would just wait a while and if it still doesn’t work then contact the MODs. I am still new so maybe someone else would have a clearer answer. Good luck!

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@fduniqueIt sounds your service is not provisioned correcly by Public. You would need to contact the Moderators via this link, so they can help you out. In the mean time, do keep your Telus account active, as that is needed for the porting process to happen.

Need Help? Let's chat.