cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer my existing number to Public

mhr1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello ,

I am interested in transferring to Public while keeping same number I am using now.

Is there any way to do that while keeping my current SIM? 

Thanks for sharing your experience.

5 REPLIES 5

arlene
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi There !!

Yes, it is so simple to do what you are requesting. During the process of setting up your Sim card he will come upon a question do you want to port your number over to Public Mobile.

You simply say yes and give your telephone number that you want to keep. And within 2 to 3 days you will get notification from your former carrier that your account has been discontinued .

Done !!

Arlene

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Here is an article about transferring phone number.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/choose-your-phone-number

Greebler
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just transferred from Roger's. I ordered a SIM from the Public Mobile site and it was mailed to my house within days. Once I had that, I was able to port my nu.ber over. Keep in mind, if you cancel with your existing carrier, you cannot port it out. Also, if you even let on that you may be doing that, they can lock your number making it very difficult to port it to Public Mobile.  Hope this helped.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@mhr1 wrote:

Hello ,

I am interested in transferring to Public while keeping same number I am using now.

@mhr1  By current SIM do you mean the sim card from your current provider? The answer is no. You need to activate a Public Mobile SIM and just pick a temp number Once everything is setup and working then port the number over from your current provider. Note that your account with your current provider needs to be active in order to do the number transfer (port).

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@mhr1 wrote:

Hello ,

I am not quite sure what you are asking.  You will need a Public Mobile sim.  They can be ordered online or at different Retailers like Walmart, THe Mobile Shop, Wow Mobile.  You would need to activate the new sim and port over your existing number from your current provider.  When you do this though it will close that account.  So again not sure what exactly you were asking let me know if this helped or you need more information

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.