cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer issues

Lukas_hyrman
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Help , im trying to transfer my number from virgin. 778 xxxxxxx.  It offered me the data entry once, which i took too long to fill so it timed out. Now it just says unable to transfer.

Whats up?

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hivaughan wrote:

I trasnferred my number from fido to PM.

Outgoing call and text are working, but incoming call and text are not working.

I need help.

Did you read this thread you found?

Is your old SIM working? If so keep using it until it doesn't. Then you'll know the port is finished and you can switch to the PM SIM.

hivaughan

I trasnferred my number from fido to PM.

Outgoing call and text are working, but incoming call and text are not working.

I need help.

Lukas_hyrman

Yeah I just waited. I think the original request was submitted sucessfully, but no indication of that was given to me, so I assumed it had failed.

Thanks

@Lukas_hyrman

That is great to hear.  May I ask how was it resolved?  Did the moderators help?  Did you resubmit the port?  Just for future reference for other customers...

Lukas_hyrman

Thanks the issue has been resolved!

@Lukas_hyrman

Unfortunately, the moderators are taking 2-3 days to respond to your request for possible incomplete port.  Is your old Virgin service still working?  You can use the service until it gets transferred.  

BTW, did you actually submit the port?  If it timed out, it is possible that the port request was not actually sent.  The website can be finicky.  You could try again with a different web browser, clearing cache or going into incognito/privacy mode.  Or wait some time in between attempts.  

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Lukas_hyrman, the porting function is rather unforgiving.  If you don't get it to work the first time, there is no second chance.  If you find yourself in that situation, you are going to need to seek moderator team assistance.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include in the private message account number and PIN code along with a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.  BTW, please don't post personal information in the public forum. 

Need Help? Let's chat.