cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top Contributors – February 2019

danielj
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I know that the monthly Top Contributors are not the most beneficial and that we tend to be able to be able to see the badges on our profiles and get the rewards visible in my rewards but what is going on in regard to Top Contributors – February 2019. I think I only saw the rewards in my account which is the important part but still curious about what going on overall.

11 REPLIES 11

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@SD08 wrote:

@danielj 

Looks like the problem is resolved. They've issued the February badges yesterday:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Rewards/February-amp-March-Badges/m-p/351330
Due to the potentially close issuance date for both months, I've asked that there be something to differentiate the February and March badges and Alan concurred.

@danielj

Update:  The March badges have now been issued as well, labeled with the month.

SD08

@danielj wrote:

It still appears that they are having isues with the badge system and appling February 2019 Top Contributors badges. Hopefully the issue gets resolved quickly and that either way if there is any impact delaying March announcement that they let everybody know.

@danielj 

Looks like the problem is resolved. They've issued the February badges yesterday:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Rewards/February-amp-March-Badges/m-p/351330
Due to the potentially close issuance date for both months, I've asked that there be something to differentiate the February and March badges and Alan concurred.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@danielj wrote:

It still appears that they are having isues with the badge system and appling February 2019 Top Contributors badges. Hopefully the issue gets resolved quickly and that either way if there is any impact delaying March announcement that they let everybody know.

I'm not sure they care much anymore. The March rewards have been distributed already but the other things I think are leading one to think they don't much care and/or are de-emphasizing the community.

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

danielj

SD08

@danielj 

Since you asked, here is the February announcement finally posted (on a Sunday too!):

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Top-Contributors-February-2019/m-p/3434...

danielj

@SD08Thank your letting us know. The badge system seemed to be glitchy since I joined the community section of Public Mobile.

I do understand at times limiting information posted to the general community and just informing Oracles can be important and that it may be important at times to inform the Oracles first.

But this involved a public post to the whole community missing in action. Something that the public would take note of. I think @Alan_K should have let us All of us know what was going on. Knowing it was a technical issue, it would possible calm down people that Public Mobile was not de-emphasizing the support of the members of the community.

SD08

@danielj wrote:

I know that the monthly Top Contributors are not the most beneficial and that we tend to be able to be able to see the badges on our profiles and get the rewards visible in my rewards but what is going on in regard to Top Contributors – February 2019. I think I only saw the rewards in my account which is the important part but still curious about what going on overall.

@danielj 

Alan has informed us in the Oracle section that the delay is due to a problem with issuing badges.  Until we hear anything different, anything else would just be speculation.

Anonymous
Not applicable

And oh yeah...no badges either.

@Luddite wrote:

Doubt PM will discontinue community rewards and participation. It's their prime diferentiator versus competitors. It's also clear that even the extra moderators were unable to keep up with community posts about service failures last weekend.

I gotta wonder though that maybe they'll turn it into just moderators answering questions with all that's going on. The piling up of the million identical complaints will just get ignored as they figure out fixing the problem in the background. Then back to answering complaints on the forum as they get posted.

They might just think...ah we got the rates...what do we need to give out community rewards for.

Again...what do I know?

Doubt PM will discontinue community rewards and participation. It's their prime diferentiator versus competitors. It's also clear that even the extra moderators were unable to keep up with community posts about service failures last weekend.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@danielj wrote:

It seems to me that there might be a de-emphasizing going on. Some like it. Some don't. The leaderboard is not as visible, the moderators (when not so busy with system failures) have been participating more, the top contributors announcement didn't arrive, no badges. I wonder if they'll just phase out the customer participation side of the community altogether eventually.

But only the people makin' the big bucks know.

All just conjecture on my part.

Need Help? Let's chat.