cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timeframe to hear back from @Moderator_Team

Italrider
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've messaged @CS_Agent about 36 hours ago. Has anyone else had trouble receiving a response? Have I not waited long enough? 

Any help would be great. It's a bit of a shame that I can't speak to someone on the phone. 

59 REPLIES 59

cappaj
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@CS_Agent wrote:

Hello everyone! 

We  hope you're doing well!

We sincerely apologize for the long wait for a response to your messages, however, kindly note that when you send multiple messages, you're only delaying the response as you lose your priority in the queue. In fact, for every new message you send, you go back at the bottom of the queue; so if you send 3 messages for instance, you will be back at the bottom of  the queue for the 2 other times you've sent a message. Considering the high volume of messages we're currently experiencing, this delays the responses even more. 

We understand that you need assistance with your inquiries and we are doing our best to respond to everyone of you however, it would be very much appreciated if you could send just one message in order to avoid much longer waiting time.  

Thanks again for your patience and understanding! 

Does this apply if, say, I send two messages but they're for different questions with different subject lines? Over the last 24 hours, I've had to send a few messages, but each one was for its own discrete, unrelated issue. Did I shoot myself in the foot on my wait time for issue 1 because I had 2 more unrelated issues while waiting for a response to issue 1?

@cappaj wrote:
@Moderator_Team wrote:

Hello everyone! 

We sincerely apologize for the long wait for a response to your messages, however, kindly note that when you send multiple messages, you're only delaying the response as you lose your priority in the queue. In fact, for every new message you send, you go back at the bottom of the queue; so if you send 3 messages for instance, you will be back at the bottom of  the queue for the 2 other times you've sent a message. Considering the high volume of messages we're currently experiencing, this delays the responses even more. 

We understand that you need assistance with your inquiries and we are doing our best to respond to everyone of you however, it would be very much appreciated if you could send just one message in order to avoid much longer waiting time.  

I think this is something a lot of people are unaware of - maybe adding this info as an FAQ to the official post on contacting Mods would be a good idea?

Are you kidding? Maybe PM should fix this terrible system instead!

Who's brainchild was this anyway?

So if a customer sends more info about their issue, they go to the end of the queue?

Or if a customer has a second question, they go to the end of the queue?

Or if a customer has a second question, they have to wait for days to get a reply, then send the next question and wait again for days, or else they go to the end of the queue and wait for even more days?

Or if a mod is too lazy or careless, or worse, incompetent, and asks for info or "clarification" for info a customer ALREADY sent them, they go to the end of the queue?

Or if a customer gets a reply from a mod and they need more info, and the customer replies with more info, they go to the end of the queue?

Or if a mod gives out the wrong information and the customer has to ask your question again, they go to the end of the queue?

Or if a customer asks more than one question in a single inquiry and the mods does not answer all of them, and the customer has to resubmit their unanswered questions, 

they go to the end of the queue?

(these are all real examples I have seen over and over)

This is a really good system that encourages customers to get their questions answered, isn't it?

What it says is if you have too many questions, you will go to the end of the queue!

What a way to treat customers!

Moderator_team -  Are you getting this? Pass on this info to management and have them FIX IT!!!

AND PLEASE STOP taking down this post. There is nothing that I am saying that warrants taking this down. These are all legitimate situations. I am simply calling PM to account.

For some reason I am no longer able to post in this thread?

Each time I try, the forum tells me my post is successful when I go to look for it, it just is no there. CENSORSHIP AT WORK? I'm not saying anything bad. 😕

EDIT: This one took... I even get e-mail notifications for my previous posts but they never show up... strange!

@cappaj wrote:

@CS_Agent wrote:

Hello everyone! 

I think this is something a lot of people are unaware of - maybe adding this info as an FAQ to the official post on contacting Mods would be a good idea?

So if a customer sends more info about their issue, they go to the end of the queue?

Or if a customer has a second question, they have to wait for days to get a reply, then send the next question and wait again for days, or else they go to the end of the queue and wait for even more days?

Or if a mod is too lazy or careless, or worse, incompetent, and asks for info or "clarification" for info a customer ALREADY sent them, they go to the end of the queue?

Or if a customer gets a reply from a mod and they need more info, and the customer replies with more info, they go to the end of the queue?

Or if a mod gives out the wrong information and the customer has to ask your question again, they go to the end of the queue?

Or if a customer asks more than one question in a single inquiry and the mods does not answer all of them, and the customer has to resubmit their unanswered questions, 

This is a really good system that encourages customers to get their questions answered, isn't it?

What it says is if you have too many questions, you will go to the end of the queue!

@Moderator_Team Are you getting this? Pass on this info to management and have them FIX IT!!!

AND PLEASE STOP taking down this post. There is nothing that I am saying that warrants taking this down. These are all legitimate situations. I am simply calling PM to account.

@cappaj wrote:

@CS_Agent wrote:

Hello everyone! 

@Moderator_Team Are you getting this? Pass on this info to management and have them FIX IT!!!

@cappaj wrote:

@CS_Agent wrote:

Hello everyone! 

Are you kidding? Maybe PM should fix this terrible system instead?

Or is a mod is too lazy or careless, or worse, incompetent, and asks for info or "clarification" for info a customer ALREADY sent them, they go to the end of the queue?

@CS_Agent Are you getting this? Pass on this info to management and have them FIX IT!!!

@cappaj wrote:

@CS_Agent wrote:

Hello everyone! 

Are you kidding? Maybe they should fix this system instead... who came up with this brainchild?

So if a customer has a second question, they go to the back of the queue?

Or if they supply more info to add to their issue, they go to the back of the queue?

Or if after a couple of days they have another question, they have to first wait the several days delay until my first question is answered, THEN they can ask their next question and wait several more days, otherwise, they go to the back of the queue, and wait many more days?

Or if a mod is too lazy or careless and does not pay careful attention so asks for your info or other dumb "clarifying" question, AFTER you already supplied all the info, then you respond, you go to the back of the queue?

What a wonderful way to encourage customers to have their questions answered....

@CS_Agent Are you paying attention? This makes NO sense!!!! Get management to fix this!

@Jmg

You are right... There are small things that can be done to improve quality of service.  Just a quick automated reply from moderator account saying that service request received and will be processed. 

The interesting thing about this thread was the reply from the moderator team.  I did not read anywhere about multiple requests to moderators and how the system deals with that.  If a customer is waiting for a response, hasn't heard anything within 12-24 hours, resends the request, which puts their problem at the bottom of the list again....  That might be one reason why some people are waiting 3-4 days to get things resolved.  Some customers are frustrated and keep on resending requests.... which ultimately makes them wait longer.  

Jmg
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Im new to the way public mobile works    I appreciate low cost but it's still  a service that we pay for and their has to be better response when you have no phone service.   It turns people off when you don't get a reply.  And your thinking omgosh  where'd public mobile go    did they abandon me  when I need service        

Daluz

Yeah but I been without a phone for 4 days now and my wife's just stopped working this morning also we just had a baby and this coudny happen at a worse time might have to go get another plan elsewhere 

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

There are so many promos lately everyone is trying to switch at the same time. 

JL9
Mayor / Maire

The private message is the way to contact the mods. They have a higher than usual workload due to some issues, and weekends are a tough time usually. 

Once it settles down the response time should be ramped up to the quicker times we are used to.

sam416

I  have  enough  funds  on my account  and it has been suspended , I can't  reach moderator  this time,aNY help . How  to get  moderator  ?

Daluz

This is too much still have not heard anything back... this is a joke 

@Dunkman wrote:

Waiting 72 hours is really unacceptable even if it is a good deal.  For people who use their mobile phones for business, the slow response can cause undue hardship.  The last week has been bad.  Moderators are trying their best, but I guess that they are overwhelmed.  Hopefully, things will improve in the next week.  

I have never and probably will never recommend PM to someone who uses their phone for business.  It is great for personal use but if my pay cheque depended on it I wouldn't have PM as my provider. If they need fast service with issues a third tier provider is not for them.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

cappaj

@CS_Agent wrote:

Hello everyone! 

I think this is something a lot of people are unaware of - maybe adding this info as an FAQ to the official post on contacting Mods would be a good idea? e.g., "What happens if I send multiple messages to the mods?" "You'll be reset to the bottom of the queue, etc...."

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Changes-to-our-Support-structure/m-p/16...

(I assume that's the official post on contacting Mods, it's where the "specific post on how to reach them in the Community" link near the bottom of the Plans page directs you.)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@austinhuang wrote:

Actually I did get a post in r/PublicMobile saying mods are slow at this moment.

Maybe a daily updated page about mod workload / expected response time will be good. Something like this.

That post was from a fellow customer/user in the community...not a mod or automated.

That kind of processing time estimate would be costly for a low-budget service provider such as this. Would be nice...I would think highly unlikely to be put on.

austinhuang
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Actually I did get a post in r/PublicMobile saying mods are slow at this moment.

Maybe a daily updated page about mod workload / expected response time will be good. Something like this.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CS_Agent

Interesting. I didn't look to see if that kind of announcement has been made before. So I'll have my say anyway :).

I think that for customers in this support model, it would be at least minimally helpful to know and get some kind of acknowledgement of the support request.

Sure, some call centre systems will give you an estimated time of how long you might expect to wait to talk to someone. But we don't have that here. And that's a part of what we came here for. Save our money paying for your services because your costs are lower partly due to not having a call centre. Fine.

As it is though, a request just disappears into a black hole of radio silence.

An auto-reply saying something like "we have received your request, you're in the queue, submitting another request will drop you down to the bottom of the queue".

But then...what if the customer has another support request on a different topic? Will that cause the first topic to be ignored altogether as the new request is now at the bottom?

As with @JDT, a customer gets in the queue asking a particular question. You get to it in the queue. Then further on you find the same question from the same customer. Just ignore it and carry on with the queue. If that customer submitted another different request and you come to it then deal with the now new other request.

Still lovin' PM though. Thanks for all your work.

JDT

This might be something that should be addressed.

While I agree that people should only be sending one message, I don't think that sending additional messages should change someone's position in the queue (either up or down).

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hello everyone! 

Wonder_why

Is really bad over 72 hours for MOD to respond, what the heck there are doing ? Is a no no

@Italrider, the issue is, you can't change plans *without* moderator assistance when your account is expired.  Only active plans can be changed via the self-serve portal.

If you are still waiting, and wish to change to the $25? plan you have two options:

1.  Continue to wait for a response from the moderators, or

2.  Fully top up to the $49 to re-activate your service, then change plan via the self-serve portal, selecting the "change on next renewal" button (on the right).

This isn't explained anywhere else - it's unfortunate that subscribers don't fully understand the process.

Jmg

I'm waiting for a moderator to answer me also   3 days now    no phone service     it's crazy     I'm disappointed

Waiting 72 hours is really unacceptable even if it is a good deal.  For people who use their mobile phones for business, the slow response can cause undue hardship.  The last week has been bad.  Moderators are trying their best, but I guess that they are overwhelmed.  Hopefully, things will improve in the next week.  

sarahhall1006

It took three days for me to get a response. They fixed my problem quickly and then called to make sure the problem was resolved.  It’s frustrating to not have more immediate support, but I guess that’s why we get a great deal!

austinhuang
@Italrider wrote:

Thank you so much for the response. I did suppose it's understandable. 

My service was suspended because I didn't have enough funds on my account. I used to have a $40/month plan. After it was suspended I looked at changing my plan to a cheaper $25/month service. I only topped up my account with $25 yesterday because that's what I was aiming for. Turns out I couldn't change the plan because it keeps asking for me to top up again. I  don't understand

Mods can change plans and run a manual renewal, that's for sure. I guess you'll just have to wait.

Italrider
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you so much for the response. I did suppose it's understandable. 

My service was suspended because I didn't have enough funds on my account. I used to have a $40/month plan. After it was suspended I looked at changing my plan to a cheaper $25/month service. I only topped up my account with $25 yesterday because that's what I was aiming for. Turns out I couldn't change the plan because it keeps asking for me to top up again. I  don't understand

austinhuang

At least that's what their commitment is:

You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.

So you still have 12 hours max. to wait. Remember, PM is cheap, and they save costs by not providing phone support, so that's what you get.

If this solves your question, please select my reply as Solution!

Need Help? Let's chat.