cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time to refresh or retire some obsolete plans?

dabr
Mayor / Maire

Hello,

First thanks to Public Mobile for introducing a couple of great plans in the last little while that have great pricing and features. 

However, I would think there are at least 3 or 4 plans that no longer provide the features or pricing with the addition of these new plans, ie: $20 for province wide calling only or the $20 for 250 mb data only, also the $25 for unlimited texting and province wide calling and $30 for one GB of data only.  It doesn't make a lot of sense why these plans still show up on the ready made plan offerings.  It might be necessary obviously to offer some options for people who have signed up for these plans and to then retire them permanently.

Also hoping that sometime in the future that Public Mobile will offer an international roaming similar to Freedom Mobile's  world traveller or at least allow incoming text messages when outside of Canada or US.

Thanks for listening!

5 REPLIES 5

@slash407  I'm guessing @will13am suggestion that these new plans may only be time limited specials is probably correct, hence the reason for keeping the older plans still intact and agree if that is the case for everyone to take advantage of these specials asap. 

In regards to the internation roaming, I believe Telus (PM parent company) also have network agreements in place internationally.  Both Telus and Koodo have roaming (not for prepaid) although at a prohibitively expensive cost for the more budget conscious users at PM.  Freedom mobile's world traveller allows for cost effective occasional use of phone/messaging (emergency use when wifi isn't available).  I think a lot people have text message alerts set up for billing/issues with accounts from their bank or credit card companies, so having at least incoming sms would be really helpful and I'm hopeful something might be available in the future.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@dabr , I don't know the answer any better than the next customer.  I am just guessing.  The recent $25 deal which is essentially a plan price reduction did result in a $30 plan disappearing.  So if the deals are only temporary, then why remove the regular priced items from the shelf.  There is lot of space available.  With that said, people should jump on these recent deals while they are still around.  

@will13am   You might be right, although I'm hoping that isn't the case.

missorange
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

maybe those special offer only last certain time of period. however, if they removed those special offer in future, they will lose a lot of current and potential customers. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

The regular price plans look totally out of place alongside the new deals.  That said, the promotions may not last forever.  That may be a reason they are left there.  

Need Help? Let's chat.