cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time to port a number

rob_hfx
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Outgoing calls are working but not incoming calls or text messages...How long does the porting process take to resolve this?

10 REPLIES 10

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@rob_hfx wrote:

I am porting from Petrocan mobility. I will give it a day and see what happens

Read my post how I port my Speakout number (same as PetroCanada Mobile) to PM in 4 hours without moderator assistant.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Porting-number-from-Speakout-Apply-al...

Create a moderator support ticket to supply the info required by PetroCanada Mobile using the ? button at the right side bottom corner of this page.

1. Tell SIMon what is the issue
2. Ask for "moderator"
3. SIMon will give your 2 choices. Click on the "Account-specific question"
4. Then, click on "No, I want a human"
5. Click "Submit a ticket"
6. Follow instruction to create support ticket.
Good luck.

Hmmm, others may know something about that. I seem to recall hearing that providers/resellers such as PC Mobile can take longer to port away from so I bet that Petro Can would likely be in that group as well. 

AE_Collector

@rob_hfx wrote:

Did you give your Petro Canada PIN code? They need that. If not open a ticket for moderators

rob_hfx

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@rob_hfx wrote:

Outgoing calls are working but not incoming calls or text messages...How long does the porting process take to resolve this?

@rob_hfx  The best way to determine when a port is 100% complete is to continue to use your old sim until it stops working. Once that happens you can start using the PM sim for both incoming and outgoing calls.

My experience porting from TELUS to PM was that it took at least 30 seconds....maybe as long as 45 seconds to complete!

AE_Collector

KrisD

just checked my email, one from public says it can take up to 2 hours.

Yes porting from Koodo PREPAID accounts requires help from the moderators to complete. The most important piece of info if we are to give you any sort of accurate info is who you ported from, what type of account if it's as from Koodo and how long you've been waiting for it to complete now.

AE_Collector

KrisD

i had to call a phone number because mine was Koodo, once they said done it was immediate.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Anywhere from a few minutes to 24 hours.. landlines up could be a few days to 2week.

Who did you port from?

Put old sim back in and call your number from another phone does it ring still?

Texts will work if the people are on Telus Koodo or Public but not from other carries until port is complete.

Once completed you'll get a text from Public Mobile.

Need Help? Let's chat.