cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time to Move to Koodo

dararara
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Get some real LTE. Customer service won't be much better but at least they have a phone number.

570x760_smart_fit.png

14 REPLIES 14

Quest
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@srlawren wrote:

@ApatheticFloW I think what's happened is you misunderstood.  You could have gotten a $o phone on medium tab, but not the iPhone X.  That phone is currently $650 up front on a medium tab.  You can see where this is a big disconnect.  For example, you could have gotten a new iPhone 6S or a certified pre-owned iPhone 7 for $0 on a medium tab.  

The clerk may not have explained it well, but to get an iPhone X for $0 up front, you would need an extra-large tab; if you look at the link I provided earlier, you need a larger plan for that tab.  

That is exactly what Koodo counts on. Misconception, misunderstanding, confusion, wrong explanation by some clerks. Someone is going to make a move in that confusion to regret latter.

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

A plan should suit a person's usage, not vice-versa. If that Koodo promo works for you, fill your boots!

Quest

Hi,

I have no idea how Koodo is going to keep the same prices after switching from PM if they are  currently increasing prices for their own Legacy $25 Plans to $30 in May.

Please relate to my earlier comment.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ApatheticFloW okay yeah that's weird.  It's too bad you deleted the text, I'd be curious exactly what it said.  There's a disconnect somewhere for sure.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

ApatheticFloW
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@srlawren Ya ur right about that I should of mentioned that part. But even when I asked them if I could keep my existing phone they still refused to let me keep my existing plan. One way to find out if anyone else kept their $25 plan and switched to Koodoo would be to create a thread and ask the community, but I already no the answer they refused all public mobile customers who had the same plan as I did.

I did not want a to pay more because I was happy with what I have and I don't need data or long distance.  The text I received ultimately said I get to keep my existing plan of I switch and that's not true at all so they lied and it's false advertisement if you ask me. When I called the CCTS they mentioned how they received many many complaints pertaining to exactly what happened to me. I should of jumped on the band wagon and initiate a complaint in order to help prevent companies from pulling this sh!t in the future.

srlawren

@ApatheticFloW I think what's happened is you misunderstood.  You could have gotten a $o phone on medium tab, but not the iPhone X.  That phone is currently $650 up front on a medium tab.  You can see where this is a big disconnect.  For example, you could have gotten a new iPhone 6S or a certified pre-owned iPhone 7 for $0 on a medium tab.  

The clerk may not have explained it well, but to get an iPhone X for $0 up front, you would need an extra-large tab; if you look at the link I provided earlier, you need a larger plan for that tab.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

ApatheticFloW

@srlawren 

I received  text from Koodoo saying that I can switch to Koodoo from PB and that I get to keep my existing PM plan ( $25 plan which consists of unlimited province wide calling and unlimited international texting.) So I go to the Koodoo store and I show them the text and they tell me I get to keep my existing plan and I'm approved for a $0 down on a med tab phone so I was going to sign a 2 year contract and get the iPhone x. I start the process to switch only for them to tell me that I cannot keep my existing $25 plan with PB. So I say ,but wait a min that's not what the text says. It doesn't say there are exceptions it just says no matter what I get to keep my existing plan which was and is complete bs. False advertising, so I said ,fu and walked out the Koodoo store. I should of contacted the CCTS ,but I had deleted the text from Koodoo so I said the hell with it since I'm sure the CCTS will receive many other complaints just like mine. Now you get it srlawren ?

srlawren

@ApatheticFloW wrote:

F#@* Koodoo and their false advertising. I was gonna switch and buy an iPhone X ,but then they mentioning something like med tabs large tabs bs so I tell them ya but look at the text is doesn't say they're exceptions it just says I get to keep my existing plan. So here I was gonna pay more per month and sign a 2 year contract on a $1000 phone and they refused. Does that make any sense at all. Look at what they lost because of their false advertising. Now I want nothing to do with Koodoo unless they were to actually keep their word and let me keep my existing plan without an increase in the future then ya I might consider it, but not without being compensated somehow. For everyone who thinks the same as me or if you have experienced the same sort of situation then plz post ur frustration so hopefully Koodoo being the owners of PM will see this and hopefully do something about it.

@ApatheticFloW I don't follow.  What plan were you offered at Koodo, and what did the text say about tab eligibility?  Different tab sizes have different minimum plan amounts, which you can see here:  https://www.koodomobile.com/help/keeping-or-changing-your-plan-when-you-upgrade-your-phone

You're kind of right that the tabs can be deceiving.  If you go with a larger tab, you'll pay less up front for the phone but not only do you have bigger tab payments (which go away once the phone is paid off), but also a higher cost base plan that you needed to qualify for that tab level.  However, they sometimes have activation credits or other discounts that vary by tab level and these can offset those extra costs some of the time.  You need to do a full cost comparisson to figure out the best option for you.  Basically take the 2 years, add up the cost of the base plan over those two years plus the tab payments over the 2 years and the up-front cost of the phone.  That's your 2 year cost for the service and the phone.  Do that comparisson at the various tab levels and often get very different resuts.

ApatheticFloW

F#@* Koodoo and their false advertising. I was gonna switch and buy an iPhone X ,but then they mentioning something like med tabs large tabs bs so I tell them ya but look at the text is doesn't say they're exceptions it just says I get to keep my existing plan. So here I was gonna pay more per month and sign a 2 year contract on a $1000 phone and they refused. Does that make any sense at all. Look at what they lost because of their false advertising. Now I want nothing to do with Koodoo unless they were to actually keep their word and let me keep my existing plan without an increase in the future then ya I might consider it, but not without being compensated somehow. For everyone who thinks the same as me or if you have experienced the same sort of situation then plz post ur frustration so hopefully Koodoo being the owners of PM will see this and hopefully do something about it.

rh66

promo code doesnt work

Quest

Hi,

I don’t know if you are aware that Koodo have had reputation of not hiking prices for its legacy customers. In fact it was almost like their “trade mark”. Koodo users were proud of it but not anymore. Starting this May all users that are on $25 legacy plans including PM Pioneers that decided to switch many years ago to avoid hike by PM are included in that price increase. They are going to pay $5 more and I think $3 for more expensive legacy plans.

So please be aware Koodo is not going to be the same company anymore.

If you are switching from PM always check fine print and be prepared to join different Koodo than before. Now everything is on the table. You don’t need to do a lot to lose your reputation. 👎☹️

frank312
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

good deal, but I still stay on PM

srlawren

@slash407 wrote:

i dont think most people on PM are surfing the net on there phone looking at crap, 

@slash407 have you been outside of your home at all recently?  Try walking down a city street, or getting on a bus, subway/LRT, airplane, etc. 

@slash407 wrote:

so i dont think they really care much for 10 gb but as the previous guy said, go for it if thats ur thing

These days, streaming a ton of audio and/or video is getting more an more common.  Of course, many services allow you to download stuff over WiFi at home/office/hotspot to consume later without using mobile data, but many also do it spontaneously on the go.  Then there's instant messaging, Facetime/video calling (I see this a lot on the train), connected video games (anyone remember the Pokemon Go craze a couple of years ago? that thing was apparently a massive data & battery hog), Facebook feeds, Twitter, SnapChat, Instagram....  yeah there's a LOT you can do on the go, and you can burn through a lot of data.  May not apply to you, but talk to any average Millenial or Gen Z'er.  Actually, correction:  instant message any average Millenial or Gen Z'er.  Case in point.  😉

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@dararara As long as it is what you need, go for it!

Need Help? Let's chat.