Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Throw me a bone - 8 days porting issue.

danicahxchan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Mary_M @Shazia_K @Caroline_D

Hello Mods,

It's been 8 days since I've sent a PM regarding issues with porting my Roger's Number.  Looking for someone to bail me out.  Thank you.

12 REPLIES 12

danicahxchan

@Shazia_K

Big thank you to Shazia for fixing my porting issue.  To summarize what happenned...Shazia indicated that there were 2 port request for my number and that was the cause for the port to not work.  So I called Rogers Porting Centre and asked...they said apparently 2 requests were put in from Telus (Owner of PM) within 5 minutes of each other - I suspect that when I filled in the forum on the "Get Help" page, someone on the back-end of PM tried to put in the port request for me twice.  I asked Rogers to cancel both request and then Shazia put in another port request today and lo and behold, my phone number works!!

So, if there are other people with Rogers that have a porting issue...you might want to call their porting centre (1-866-559-5545 Option #3) to see if there are any request or any canceled requests for your number.  Seems like a good way to see if there's anything happening on your port request.

Thank you once again Shazia.  And I really hope everyone else that's been waiting gets their porting issues figured out.

plaidgiraffe
@Shazia_K, could you please take a look at my porting problem too? I sent a PM message a few days ago. Thanks!

@SmudgeBro wrote:

Is that a possibile solution for port issues?  Asking old provider to complete the port?  If anyone has success, please detail your experience.

Thanks

It's not impossible, although it's not the way things are supposed to be done.  You're really supposed to get your new provider to submit all the requests and to fix any issues with the porting.

But, I have in fact had my number ported over from Chatr to Rogers before by contacting Chatr to get them to have it pushed through (after a 24 hour porting delay).  That's a little different though as they are both Rogers companies.  

SmudgeBro

Is that a possibile solution for port issues?  Asking old provider to complete the port?  If anyone has success, please detail your experience.

Thanks

TheBlue
OMG - me too please, could you look at my port @Shazia_K?

danicahxchan

@Shazia_K

Hi Shazia,

I just called Roger's and they said they don't have a port-out request from anyone.  

They told me to give you my account number/account holder name/and address so they can do the port from their side.

I'll be sending a PM to you in a minute with this information.

Thank you.

@danicahxchan  maybe you should contact your old provider as I am sure they will give you more detail then what they would give a competing company and maybe you can get it straightened out that way then give the information to Shazia then she can finish the port off

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

danicahxchan

Nope.  This is the only one.  I sent an email through the "Get Help" as well...is it possible someone one your end try to do it as well?

@danicahxchan

Can you think of any other place you requested a port? even if it was cancelled? 

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

danicahxchan

Thank you for replying...but I've only did one port out - to public mobile.  Is it possible that when the port request was put in with Public Mobile, it was sent twice?

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@danicahxchan

I'm sorry to hear about this!

Here is how to bail yourself out 😉

Actually, your old service provider is not allowing the port to go through because you have also another port request somewhere else. We are number 2 on the list and in order for your port to go through you need to cancel the port with that other service provider first. 

Please let me know if you have any questions. 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

TheBlue
LMAO - nice post! No bones here....

But, guaranteed that a non-PM employee will tell you how great everything is and that it will fix itself soon.

Good luck!
Need Help? Let's chat.