cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The charge is for past date or future date?

kamanwu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

On Nov 23, I receieved text message: payment is due on Nov 26.

On Nov 26, I was changed for 30 days (credit card, auto pay).

I just want to confirm, the money I paid is for past date (Oct 26 to Nov 26)

or future date (Nov 26 to Dec 26)?

Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9

kamanwu

Here is reply

--------------------

We acknowledge receipt of your email dated December 5, 2019, for which we thank you. In response to your question, as per the current CRTC legislation with regards to wireless, there is nothing regarding what services are refundable or not. It comes down to each cell phone provider's own terms of service, and specific contracts. For additional information on the subject, you may wish to contact the CRTC, as they are the regulating body, and therefore would be better able to answer your questions. The CCTS is not an industry regulator, and cannot answer why the current legislation exists, or when it may be updated.

@kamanwu wrote:

I understand.   Just sent the email to CRTC.  If I got reply, I will post here.

-------------------------------------------

Dear Sir/Madam

I have a general question about prepaid services.  I was told, in Canada, all prepaid services are NOT refundable.  (only postpaid services are refundable).

May I know the reason?  Is this a technical issue (not doable or very hard to do)? or other reasons?

I know there are lots of things has been changed.  Like, 
1) before, if you want to get a phone, you need sign 3 years contract.   
2) before, phones are locked and you need pay money to unlock it.

Should we see this rule (prepaid services are NOT refundable) be changed in future?  Or it is something will never be changed?

Thanks a lot.

I strongly suspect you'll just receive a canned response that tells you not much of anything.  The plain an honest truth: Carriers in Canada do not provide refunds to prepaid customers because they don't have to, and for no other reason. There is no logic behind it and it's completely arbitrary. 

If a company wants to offer refunds, there's nothing to do stop them from doing so.  In fact, a now defunct carrier (Mobilicity) did in fact use to issue refunds for unused portions of multi-month plans.  Wind/Fredom Mobile has/does issue prorated account credits when someone changes a price plan mid billing cycle (although the calculation method is very customer unfriendly).

kamanwu

I understand.   Just sent the email to CRTC.  If I got reply, I will post here.

-------------------------------------------

Dear Sir/Madam

I have a general question about prepaid services.  I was told, in Canada, all prepaid services are NOT refundable.  (only postpaid services are refundable).

May I know the reason?  Is this a technical issue (not doable or very hard to do)? or other reasons?

I know there are lots of things has been changed.  Like, 
1) before, if you want to get a phone, you need sign 3 years contract.   
2) before, phones are locked and you need pay money to unlock it.

Should we see this rule (prepaid services are NOT refundable) be changed in future?  Or it is something will never be changed?

Thanks a lot.

No prepaid service gives refunds. You purchased the service in advance and can use it for 30 days.

AE_Collector

Karnbot13
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

No refund, sorry

kamanwu

Thanks for the reply.  Just a follow up question since the charge if for future date.

If I cancel the plan before Dec 25 (like today), do I get refund?

If yes, how PM refund me? return money to my credit card?

@kamanwu wrote:

On Nov 23, I receieved text message: payment is due on Nov 26.

On Nov 26, I was changed for 30 days (credit card, auto pay).

I just want to confirm, the money I paid is for past date (Oct 26 to Nov 26)

or future date (Nov 26 to Dec 26)?

Thanks.

Please be aware that since you are on a 30 day plan, your dates aren't correct. Your plan does not strart on the same numbered day each month.

@chrisbasm wrote:

@kamanwu  - Public Mobile is a prepaid service.  So, when you paid on Nov 26, You paid for Nov26 - Dec 26 (30 days!).

slight correction: Novemeber 26 until December 25

You forgot to count the first day.

chrisbasm
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@kamanwu  - Public Mobile is a prepaid service.  So, when you paid on Nov 26, You paid for Nov26 - Dec 26 (30 days!).

Need Help? Let's chat.