cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The $35 plan is too expensive

Zhuoyu
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

The $35 plan comes with 1GB data, unlimited talk and text; while $40 plan comes with 4.5GB data, unlimited talk and text. Obviously, the $35 plan is not attractive at all. It is more reasonable for $35 plan to com with 3GB data, unlimited talk and text. And we also need a $30 plan coming with 2GB data, unlimited talk and text. Who will choose the current $30 plan (500MB)? It doesn't make any sense.

11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

@fonzy35 wrote:

NA(North America) do you mean Canada or

Canada and US Wide calling?

I mean Canada and US Wide calling = North America. Sorry...I know it's common to refer to it and there's a trade agreement that says so, but Mexico is in Central America in my definition. I live in my own world 🙂

choding

40 dollars plan is promotion.

35 dollars plan is regular.

how can you compare with them?

this is business, not charity.

As you don't like 35 dollars, go to 40 dollar promotion.

I have changed 40 dollars plan because this plan is cheapest on the market.

I like it.

But it isn’t wasteful when the cost is the same for more.  I have done future proofing since I started with Public Mobile.

My first plan was 30-day for 1GB of LTE, Province-Wide calling, international texting for $42.  I did the 30 day only because I couldn’t pay for the 90-day with 2GB right away.

I rupture dated to the 90-day same plan with 6GB (other features the same) for $120/cycle or 3*$40/30-day, actually saving $2 per 30-day.

The Fall Promo 2016.  Same price, same features, with double data on LTE. 

Now im considering the current $40 30-day Promo with 4.5 GB and more dialing destinations.  This one is throttled speed LTE, which doesn’t really affect me due to where I live and work, a bit more data, quantity, and more phone calling options.  All again for the same price.

i am using more data, but I still conserve my usage by streaming at lower quality, or downloading for use offline. $40 per 30-day is my price point, and has been since I joined.

fonzy35

NA(North America) do you mean Canada or

Canada and US Wide calling?

@CalgaryBen wrote:

I often buy a Big Mac or other sandwich on its own.  Sure, I can pay a couple more bucks and make it a meal, but sometimes I don't really need the other stuff, so why spend the money?  I could even spend a few more cents on top of that and supersize everything, but again, it's more than I need, and I'm happy with just the sandwich.  In fact, if I get the super-sized meal, I may have wasted money because of the wasted extra I can't consume.  Or I force myself to consume it just because I feel obligated...

I'm on the promo $32/30 day 1GB plan (currently in market at $35/30 days).  It suits me perfectly.  The $40 plans are awesome and attractive, but I don't need all that extra data, and can't justify paying the extra.  Sure I'd love to have extra data available, but I won't pay for it if I don't have to, because I'm unlikely to use it.  And it's not like the extra data can be stored away and used later, so at the end of the month, I'd feel like I paid for a bunch of unused data, and I've wasted money...

I wish I could bravo this post more than once.  This makes so much sense and is counter to what so many people say about "future proofing" their plan.  They end up paying so much more per month needlessly.  Even the occasional overage is likely less expensive.

CalgaryBen
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I often buy a Big Mac or other sandwich on its own.  Sure, I can pay a couple more bucks and make it a meal, but sometimes I don't really need the other stuff, so why spend the money?  I could even spend a few more cents on top of that and supersize everything, but again, it's more than I need, and I'm happy with just the sandwich.  In fact, if I get the super-sized meal, I may have wasted money because of the wasted extra I can't consume.  Or I force myself to consume it just because I feel obligated...

I'm on the promo $32/30 day 1GB plan (currently in market at $35/30 days).  It suits me perfectly.  The $40 plans are awesome and attractive, but I don't need all that extra data, and can't justify paying the extra.  Sure I'd love to have extra data available, but I won't pay for it if I don't have to, because I'm unlikely to use it.  And it's not like the extra data can be stored away and used later, so at the end of the month, I'd feel like I paid for a bunch of unused data, and I've wasted money...

Lg85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Before I switched to Public Mobile, I was with Bell. I paid $65 per month for unlimited LOCAL calling, unlimited international text, and 1 GB of LTE data. The $35 plan by Public Mobile is already $30 cheaper per 30 days. Now that's a lot of savings by switching over to Public Mobile. Definitely not expensive at all 😃

MacMe

@Zhuoyu wrote:

The $35 plan comes with 1GB data, unlimited talk and text; while $40 plan comes with 4.5GB data, unlimited talk and text. Obviously, the $35 plan is not attractive at all. It is more reasonable for $35 plan to com with 3GB data, unlimited talk and text. And we also need a $30 plan coming with 2GB data, unlimited talk and text. Who will choose the current $30 plan (500MB)? It doesn't make any sense.

The $40 plan is a limited time offer.  If you need a lot of data, you should go with the $40 plan.

Anonymous
Not applicable

It depends on where you see the value.

I changed my telecom situation a few months ago (when I ended up with PM). I came from 6GB data with Telus. I used hotspot alot. I only once went over. I was able to see how much data I used by way of hotspot and by way of the handheld itself. I was surprised to see that I only really used less than 500MB in a month on the handheld.

I did a build your own plan where I chose unlimited NA, texting (of course), and 500MB data. Totals $35. About $30 less than what Telus loyalty could do for me. I'm happy. 

GreatCanadian

I have a couple of friends on the $35 plan. They only need a bit of data to check emails for work. No point in spending $5 more for data they will never use. For me, the $40 plan is a deal. For them, it would be throwing away 5 bucks.

GC 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Zhuoyu

This an example of "Golden Rules" = Those, who have the gold, make the rules.

Not much you can do about what is offered.

Put the joke aside, I think the current PM promo is targeted to compete with the plans offered by Freedom, Chatr and Lucky.

Need Help? Let's chat.