cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thanks Public Mobile

evergreen
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Joined PM during the Fall 2016 promo (2 accounts). I took the 6Gig/$40 Koodo offer last March and I got another offer for the second line (8Gig/$40) before August ended. It took me a few days to consider but I finally moved last Friday (Aug31). I just want to say thank you to everyone in the  community who helped me in the past. Overall, it's been a good experience.  

5 REPLIES 5

@rsa wrote:

So why leave something I'm happy with for something that might be a marginally better deal?

For me, it makes no difference if Koodo's offer is a better deal, because for some unknown reason, I'm one of the Public Mobile Fall Promo customers left off the offer list this time around.  However, I can say that Koodo's offer isn't always better than what the eligible customers are getting here.  Public Mobile's reward system plays a huge factor.  Also coming into play is the fact that Koodo's plans are really just offering more data (compared to my current 12GB LTE per 90 days), as well as Canada-wide calling.   If you're not going to use the Canada-wide calling and the extra data, why bother swtiching?  I will admit that it wold be nice to have the extras,  but paying even $0.01 extra for things that you aren't going to use is silly.  When trying to decide if changing plans and carriers is worth it, the problem sometimes lies in the fact that we don't always know what are future usage will be like.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@CS_Agent

This past weekend, I was told that as a subscriber of the Fall 2016 Promo, I was not targetted in the latest offers from Koodo.  The post in this thread I'm quoting below is from a member who activated 2 accounts on the same Promo in 2016 and got a promo to switch to the Latest Koodo offers.  Why was I not targetted?  Why didn't the offer appear when I've texted 'offer' to both 5129 and 5130 as described?

I feel I've been left out unfairly, and frankly, lied to by moderators this past weekend when I asked to confirm that the Fall 2016 Promo was/wasn't targeted.

@evergreen wrote:

Joined PM during the Fall 2016 promo (2 accounts). I took the 6Gig/$40 Koodo offer last March and I got another offer for the second line (8Gig/$40) before August ended. It took me a few days to consider but I finally moved last Friday (Aug31). I just want to say thank you to everyone in the  community who helped me in the past. Overall, it's been a good experience.  

rsa
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've been considering switching for the koodo deal, but I'm happy with Public Mobile and I can't say that about any of the other service providers I've used. So why leave something I'm happy with for something that might be a marginally better deal? After dealing with bell, rogers, telus, virgin, and fido at various times for combination of contracts or pay as you go, and being incredibly annoyed or upset with all of them at some point for various reasons, I'll stick with what I know and what I like. Writing that makes me feel like my parents... 

I'm happy that I don't have to keep track of minutes, times that I'm calling people, (unlimited calling" after 6pm), or constantly changing "my 10" (unlimited calling to 10 numbers).  I can't go over on my data plan, and if I use all my data I can just not use data, or get an add-on. It's also great being able to change my plan easily on a whim without having to call customer service and waiting on hold. 

Thanks, Public Mobile and Community, you're both great and I'm so happy I have both of you!<3

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I am at a loss for words on what to say.  It seems like this brand has turned into a gateway to Koodo in recent times.  So you guys have extracted full benefit out of the service.  Enjoy over @ Koodo.  We'll be here if you ever decide to come back. 

drmartin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@evergreen wrote:

Same experience here, so happy with PM.  Not looking back, at all!

Need Help? Let's chat.