cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texts not sending or being received

Bionicle77
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've just joined public mobile.

My texts to certain people are sending fine, while with other people I can't send or receive anything. 

I'm on a Huawei mate SE that I just brought over from bell. 

14 REPLIES 14

Bionicle77

At this point, my bell sim card won't send or receive any texts to people on the telus network, and my public sim card will only send and receive with the telus network. 

How long should I expect to wait to hear a response on my message to the moderator team? 

@Bionicle77 wrote:

Thanks, I'll wait and see if I get that text soon. 

I'm not on the $15 plan. 

@Bionicle77  Ports can take up to 5 hours to complete. Just be patient you should be getting that text from PM soon.

@Bionicle77 wrote:

I haven't received that.

I did get a text about a Sim and activation online form, but couldn't find that form. 

This means that your number port failed.  There is no such form.  That text message that Public Mobile sends out contains incorrect instructions.   You need to send message through this link;  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Be sure to provide your Bell account number and the Bell account owner's name.

Bionicle77

I haven't received that.

I did get a text about a Sim and activation online form, but couldn't find that form. 

@Bionicle77 wrote:

Yes, it seems that the people I am able to send to are Telus customers  

@Bionicle77  Did you receive a text from Pub lic Mobile that the port has been completed? If not, just use your old sim card until it stops working. Once that happens it means the port is complete and you can start using the PM sim.

Hope that helps!

Bionicle77

Yes, it seems that the people I am able to send to are Telus customers  

Cheetah24
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Bionicle77 : Try deleting the thread method as mentioned by @computergeek541 above. If that doesn't work; I would suggest to contact the moderators through a private message. The instructions and the link to do so is given in the link below. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Private-Messages-viewing-and-creating...

@Bionicle77 wrote:

I did transfer my number from bell.

It seems that for some people I have no trouble sending or receiving, and for others I cannot send or receive  

@Bionicle77  Are the people you are able to send/receive texts Public Mobile/Koodo/Telus subscribers?

Bionicle77

Thanks, I'll wait and see if I get that text soon. 

I'm not on the $15 plan. 

Bionicle77

I did transfer my number from bell.

It seems that for some people I have no trouble sending or receiving, and for others I cannot send or receive  

Bionicle77

I get no error message in sending, and people trying to send to me also don't get an error message. But in talking to people, they're not receiving my texts, and I'm not receiving theirs. 

Could be just related to the process of porting the number, as was mentioned above.

Cheetah24
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Bionicle77 : Could you please elaborate more on what you meant by "can't send or recieve". Do you get some kind of error message when you try to send the messages?  

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Bionicle77 wrote:

My texts to certain people are sending fine, while with other people I can't send or receive anything. 

@Bionicle77   That is happening because your port from bell has not completed yet. Once the port is 100% complete you will receive a text from PM and everything should start working as should provided you are not on the $15.00 plan. (PM is experiencing some issues with that plan).

@Bionicle77 wrote:

On some Android-based phones, there is a software bug that causes some outgoing text messages to fail.  This can happen after inserting a different carrier's sim card and when having an existing message thread with someone.  Sometimes, it is necessary to delete the entire message threadm but please note that you will lose any information contained within those messages if you do that.  If this software bug has kicked in, you will then be able to send outgoing text messages to that person.

However, what is curious is not being able to receive incoming text messages from some people. Even if you were affected by that bug that I mentioned earlier, you would have still been able to receive text messages from those people.

By any chance, did you port/transfer your phone number when you came from Bell?

Need Help? Let's chat.