cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text-to-Donate prepaid credits prior to porting to PM

Lolow
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

For those who had a pre-paid service with credit still on it, consider donating the remaining credits via text-to-donate, prior to porting your number over to PM.  

I was on was pre-paid  w/ PC Mobile,and it had over $60 credit on it, expiring in June.  I called them to get the account number info so i could port the number over.  The agent verified if i was aware i would lose the credits.  When I answered yes, he suggested I could donate the credits prior to porting.  I thought it was an awesome idea!  The only caveat some only allow $30 max text to donate per month.  

8 REPLIES 8

MandyJ
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

That's too bad that it doesn't currently work with Public Mobile credits, but it's something I'll keep in the back of my mind in case I ever get the chance to use it. Who knows, Public Mobile might even offer it in the future sometime too.

Thanks for verifying for us that it isn't currently supported on PM though. 🙂

Lolow

@Luddite pointed out that PM may not support text to donate.  I verified that s/he is correct.  So, if those who read this before porting their number to PM, it may work if your carriers support it.  It's more of an incentive to do this when you've already pre-paid and will lose your credits anyways, as in my situation! 🙂  

Lolow

@Luddite  You are right; i just tried and the msg back says that Telus Corporate Accounts are unable to pariticpate in this program.  I will clarify!  thanks!

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

I suspect this service is not supported by Public Mobile, but I do like the idea. Robot Happy

UPDATE: just tried 30333 and got back "unable to participate". Perhaps some of the codes will work, though short code support at PM is notoriously sketchy. Smiley Sad

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Lolow

@MandyJ I didn't know about it either!  

Lolow

For those interested, here's a list of great charities that take donations via text.

https://www.mobilegiving.ca/en/current-donation-options/

MandyJ
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Wow, this is such a great thing to know! I had no idea such a feature existed. I'll definitely keep this in mind if I end up switching in the future and have some credits left over in the account.

Thanks for the tip!

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@Lolow Thank you to share this information. I never heard that before.

Need Help? Let's chat.