cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text messaging to a Canadian recipient issue

Jule1750
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
I have encountered a few errors when trying to message some friends IN CANADA living near me. I get a text message saying "Public Mobile here. Sorry, we do not offer text messaging outside of Canada at this time."
I even texted a friend who has a public mobile phone number and it still shows the same message. I saw other threads and they didn't really help, either. The funny thing is, they can still message me perfectly fine. I have a Oneplus One (unlocked), and this error doesn't happen to all phones that I'm trying to text.
3 REPLIES 3

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @Jule1750

I'm sorry to hear about your texting issue, 

Can you kindly send me your Public Mobile phone number via private message? 

If you are unsure about how sending me a private message or reading mine, see the above post by @Luddite

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Yes, unfortunately similar situations are happening. It is almost always related to sending texts near a border. You will need the assistance of one of our moderators; @Shazia_K @Mary_M  If you have no response by noon tomorrow let us know.

You will likely need to send some information by private message; your phone number and the numbers you are calling but DO NOT post that info here on the forum. If unfamiliar with this feature, you can review it here: Private Messages - viewing and creating. It will speed things along if you can check in from time during "Ontario business hours" tomorrow.

I'm sure it will be resolved tomorrow.

Hang in there.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Jule1750
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
I also have realized all the people I'm trying to text has 1-(506)-230-****. Is it
Need Help? Let's chat.