cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text and talk not working

PatriceBFrank
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've been a customer for months with no problem. I put in a request to change my plan on the next billing cycle, to a plan that still has talk & text btw, but later cancelled this request. Since then I get a msg when attempting to make a call saying that talk and text are not included in my package and to go to self serve to get them. My account says active and my plan includes talk and text, my data still works. I've searched through the forms to try and find an answer with no luck. I tried using the lost stolen phone feature and then reactivating the account to no avail. I am using the same phone, a galaxy s6, as I was previously when these features worked. Sorry for the long post but I was trying to be as thorough as possible, and I hope this is the right place to ask this, apologies if it's not.

6 REPLIES 6

@Anonymous wrote:

@PatriceBFrank wrote:

Tried that, no dice. I already msg'd the mods over 12 hours ago with no response. Guess all I can do is wait. Thanks anyway!

@PatriceBFrank 

I know it seems weird but another thing to try while you wait for the moderators is to manually add another $1 into your account. Restart the phone and see what happens.

Lost/stolen trick might work. Might also do nothing. Can't hurt to try.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@PatriceBFrank wrote:

Tried that, no dice. I already msg'd the mods over 12 hours ago with no response. Guess all I can do is wait. Thanks anyway!

@PatriceBFrank 

I know it seems weird but another thing to try while you wait for the moderators is to manually add another $1 into your account. Restart the phone and see what happens.

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@PatriceBFrank wrote:

@PatriceBFrank , still you have wifi to go online. You can download some free apps for calling and texting. I am using Fongo and TextNow. I prefer TextNow for it covers anywhere in North America. Hope that you can reach out others soon. 

@PatriceBFrankThe moderators should be able to help you, they usually take 24-48 hours to respond.

PatriceBFrank
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

@PatriceBFrank  Try taking the SIM out, put it back in and restart the phone. If it still doesn't work you will need to contact a moderator, you can send them a private message here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.