cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tethering is not working

Gorobmobile
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Msg shown as "tethering function is not allowed. Please contact Telus." Can you help?
@Saray_O
50 REPLIES 50

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
Yes, thanks everyone. 🙂

Thanks for fixing this everyone.  Confirming tethering is working for me also!

jcao

I also got a voice message from tech support engineer telling me to call back.  Without knowing what he would say, based on everyones' updates here, I tested, IT WORKS!

@Mary_M@Michael77@KuroKei ...

Excellent.  Like someone said, something like ...you will realize the value only when you no longer having it...

Keep it up PM

KuroKei
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I can confirm the issue has been fixed!

Thank you PM team!!!

Michael77
Hi,

I received a telephone voicemail message today at 5:18pm from David from Public Mobile and he said that my tethering issue has been fixed. I just tested it about 5 minutes ago and sure enough the problem has been solved.

I just want to thank everyone from Public Mobile for fixing the issue so quickly! Special thanks goes out to Saray, David, Gregory and Mary. I am sorry if I missed anyone.

Sorry, I am not able to tag David and Gregory as I do not know their last initial. Saray or Mary, kindly please pass my message on to them. Thank you so much!

Vivo5

Hello,

They fixed the issue with tethering and should work.

skmkenn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I can confirm that after reverting my APN settings to the SIM card's defaults (APN isp.mb.com, APN type dun) that tethering is working correctly as well (using a Samsung Galaxy A5 2017).

atleast2charlon

i got a call that it's been fixed as well but i'm out so i won't be able to test until later in the evening - fingers crossed!

MarcCote

Someone from Public Mobile contacted me today to let me know the tethering issue was fixed. It is now working for me.

Cheers

atleast2charlon

any updates on the fix? ETA? @Mary_M

Michael77
I did a test and have the same issue as everyone else. I am not able to tether either. I will email the moderators.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello everyone,

I hope that your day is going well so far 🙂

I have heard back from the technical team and they were able to confirm that it is in fact an issue in the back-end. In order to have this fixed, can those affected by this send us a private message? We will be able to submit a ticket for resolution.

Thank you,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

The issue has been flagged and they are currently looking into it @jcao,

I will provide updates as soon as I receive some ! In the meantime, your services on your device should be fully functional - feel free to send us a private message if you have any questions.

Stay tuned for updates!

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

KuroKei
I followed the instructions from Mary as well as Raven_Jet. Still not working unfortunately.

jcao

@Raven_Jet

Also created new APN following PM instructions, still not working.

jcao

Hello Mary,

Yes I checked the APN it never was ISP.  And since I rebuilt my phone twice the network on my iPad had also been reset at least twice.  Thanks for providing feedback.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

This is currently being looked at @jcao

In the meantime, can you make sure your apn is set to sp.mb.com and not ISP.mb.com? You can also try to "forget" the network (this will forget the password and the connection), set a new password for the hotspot and then establish a fresh, new connection to a different device. Many were able to get their hotspots working by trying this.

Thank you,

Mary

jcao

I am having the exact issue for two days.  My phone is Mi4i, I make personal hotspot for iPad.  I tried every solution posted here icluding factory reset the phone twice, except no way I am able to root the phone.  Nothing works so far.  It cannot be all at user side if many customers reporting the same issue at the same time.

Any progress PM has made to resolve the problem?  

KuroKei
Definitely something going on with PM's side.

jeffster1970

@Raven_Jet wrote:
What iPhone do you have? Or android?

Unsure if you were talking to me: iPhone SE is what I am using. 

I don't like doing speed tests on my phone, but I did try one with the hotspot on my MacBook, DL was 21Mbps. Reasonable enough with only 2 bars showing. (well, not really bars, the little circles)

I only decided to check last night when some were having issues, and sure enough, my hotspot didn't work either, until I changed the APN.  But it still seems some have issues even with the APN change. 

AmbientLights

I'm having the same issue with tethering on android. It stopped working 2 days ago. I tried to find a fix online but nothing worked.

Just to update my situation, I've had a ticket created, and have been called by a rep, using my alternate phone number, which NEVER rings loll.

Asked if I've tried another device to test the hotspot.  At the time I didn't have my MacBook air handy.  I've attempted, and as with my iPadAir, it connects to the hotspot, but fails to get data.

I've replayed via PM to Saray who initiated the ticket for me today.

Edited post to correct autocorrect on Saray's name.  Bad autocorrect, bad tech!

@KuroKei @Vivo5 There does seem to be some issue with tethering. Suggest you first check for any phone system updates, that you have data available in your account (if no data add-on is showing it's been used up), and that your SIM works in another phone. If everything is normal click this: message to moderators to send a private message to the moderator team with your phone number and an explanation.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Raven_Jet
Can you restart your phone and see if it works ? If not can you try on another phone to see if it is an account or a phone issue.

KuroKei
Just to add, isp.mb.com never worked for my phone at all.

KuroKei
Not working for me.
My APN is already set as sp.mb.com. I created a new one and it still doesn't work.

Vivo5

Hello,

Could you send me ho to solve this problem -- Please

Raven_Jet
You will need to create a new APN or delete the old one in order to create a new one.

Raven_Jet
I did the same and it is now working again for me.

Update from isp.mb.com to sp.mb.com

@Vivo5
Need Help? Let's chat.