cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tagging the mods

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi all,

There has been a lot of uproar lately about the backlog of moderator requests, and the delay in their response. This could be alleviated somewhat if people would cease advising customers to contact the moderator team when there is absolutely no reason. Often I will see a posts like the following:

1. A customer asks if a particular phone will work with public mobile. Immediately a reply shows up advising the poster to contact the mods. No need.
  2. Does US roaming start when I get to the US or when I purchase it. No need to contact mods.
  3. Data not working. Give the community an opportunity to see if they can help customer with issues like APN settings before advising to contact mods.

There are dozens more examples. All these unnecessary messages to Moderators are only increasing the time it takes for them to address issues that the community can't address. So for the sake of the community, and the sanity of the mods, please refrain from requesting unnecessary moderator help.

GC

10 REPLIES 10

@Effort wrote:

@on the subject of tagging moderators, there should be significantly less use of the @ system. As I quote from RobertQc who PM'd me a few weeks back for my liberal use of the @.

@RobertQc wrote:

@Friendly tip for you to make the higher ups life easier. Only tag a moderator when you want them to be reading a specific post, things like this will only be done in private message between mods and the customer.When you tag a moderator by using the @ symbol they are drawn into the post, and waste resources. Instead of tagging the, use this link https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 instead.

@I'll go a step further about using the @ to tag moderators.  I'm not sure it accomplishes anything or if tags are just ignored (perhaps not on purpose, but the tags might not hold that much weight).  I say that because the moderators can't do anything to your account before verifying your information.  That can only be done by private messaging.  So the end, the tag really does nothing (in my opinion).  The most the tag will do will prompt a moderator to ask the customer to send a private message with those details.  So why not just do that in the first place?

I would think that the tagging the moderators would usually be for less urgent, and not necessarily account related things that they could consider when things are less hectic.  Those type of things could be suggestions,  talk about system bug fixes, community behavior, etc.

GreatCanadian

@srlawren I doubt you are being over-cynical. More like realistic. What you are saying is very likely to be the outcome.

@stonechucker I as well read up on Public Mobile extensively prior to joining. Nothing has caught me by surprise because I was aware of how the model works before I became a customer. But as you say, it appears most of the recent customers are not doing that.

GC

Effort
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@on the subject of tagging moderators, there should be significantly less use of the @ system. As I quote from RobertQc who PM'd me a few weeks back for my liberal use of the @.

@RobertQc wrote:

@Friendly tip for you to make the higher ups life easier. Only tag a moderator when you want them to be reading a specific post, things like this will only be done in private message between mods and the customer.When you tag a moderator by using the @ symbol they are drawn into the post, and waste resources. Instead of tagging the, use this link https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 instead.

Just like my request that folks research Public Mobile before getting here, to find out what the best prepared sign-up / port in / etc  processes are.

Grrrr... saying that however, I did my research first, but still had an issue with payment via voucher on activation of my test run on the old 10-day plan (no port).  Those were the days, it said to 'email' on the contact us page 🙂

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@GreatCanadian wrote:

So for the sake of the community, and the sanity of the mods, please refrain from requesting unnecessary moderator help.

@GreatCanadian while I agree with everything you've said, I can only say to you in response:  "Good luck."

I may [definitely] be overly cynical, but unfortunately I think this advice will fall on deaf ears.  Some will not read it, some will ignore it, few will heed it.  😞

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@Effort wrote:

One of the major problems is the "Bravo" incentive. There's a lot of people in the top bravo list that basically just spam "contact moderator" messages on every topic that pops up. As far as we all know, amount of bravo's are tied to how much reward we get in the community.

As community members, we are supposed to be using the bravo system to acknowledge good support, not just posts.  If there is bad advice given, instead of a bravo, the bad advice should be critique to improve future support.  As somewhat of a self policing community, we have ourselves to blame if things are not the way we think they should be. 

Effort

One of the major problems is the "Bravo" incentive. There's a lot of people in the top bravo list that basically just spam "contact moderator" messages on every topic that pops up. As far as we all know, amount of bravo's are tied to how much reward we get in the community.

GreatCanadian

On top of that, now I'll just accept my own post as a solution!!Smiley Very Happy

Kidding of course!!

GC

jp2

It would be nice if there was a dislike button for those posts 

drmartin

Amen!

Need Help? Let's chat.