cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TRAVELING: Can I Forward my SMS to another number or Email?

codster
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello; I'll be travelling to the Bahamas for a month. I'm not worried about my calls, as they will go to Voice Mail, and I can get my msg's from there if I like.

I was wondering what I can do about my SMS? Is there a way I can receive them? Maybe set up some SMS -> Email Service (compatible with Public Mobile), or some SMS Forwarding service I can send it to another number?

Thanks! And if there isn't, is there anything I can do? My concern is that since I am gone for a month, people SMSing me are gonna think I'm dead by not responding for so long, and when I get back into Canada, I'm gonna get 1 month supply of Text Messages at once? There must be a better way? What do Public Mobile people do with SMS when they travel for an extended period of time?

5 REPLIES 5

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

yes that is extactly how tehy work.  that is why the phone has to be kept powered on.

@will13am wrote:

I have heard of apps that forward text messages.  I am not totally certain, but I think these apps monitor for incoming messages and will send a copy of the received message to another number or email.  

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I have heard of apps that forward text messages.  I am not totally certain, but I think these apps monitor for incoming messages and will send a copy of the received message to another number or email.  

codster
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Ah thanks. I see. Yea then I'll try to get a dummy phone and set up an SMS -> Email forwarding. And I can just use my skype to call and text people back, which will look like it's coming from the same number as my PM too.

Thanks!

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

you need to have a old android phone and install a sms forwarding app.  (you can forward to email or another phone number ie fongo)   before you leave pop your pm sim in the old phone and set up the forwading. the phone needs to be plugged in.  as forwarding only works if it receives the sms

not sure about iphones.

Need Help? Let's chat.