Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TEXT SCAM!!

Leesajoi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

83434B7E-B7E5-47D5-B754-C466102CBAB3.jpeg

9814B2E4-2991-4586-9743-C69A4BDC0A4F.png

The photos you see attached are what I JUST received on my phone as a text.

The link in the text led to an Interac e-Transfer that didn’t specify the name of the carrier and claimed it was for a charge they supposedly made, which I could not find on “My Account”. PLUS ... logically, PM would credit your account if that happened!

Beware of this!

13 REPLIES 13

@High8q wrote:

This site is a joke. I was in the middle of leaving a reply and the sit thought it was more important to ask me for a review and delete my reply. Go to hell is my review.

Hi @High8q   no joke, we are searious. 🙂

No need to be upset with the pop up, just politely cancel it

High8q

This site is a joke. I was in the middle of leaving a reply and the sit thought it was more important to ask me for a review and delete my reply. Go to hell is my review.

Sage87

Screenshot_20210418-090200_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210418-085803_Chrome.jpg

This a fake they tryed with and if its takes to u  to a web instead of ur app and refill every DONT DO IT  that where ur giving ur information  i test it on my old bank account had no money and I already  screw up on   and that someone up address  37.120.206.70

Screenshot_20210418-084358_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Screenshot_20210418-084342_Samsung Internet.jpg

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@xpengt wrote:

what happens if you accept it?

Accept what? These aren't real. They don't pay you. The site is probably a bank look-alike trying to steal your password. Your account could get cleaned out.

xpengt

what happens if you accept it?

@LenaB wrote:

I just received a text just like this one it was a huge help when I found your pics & info 

I have blocked 🚫 & deleted msg

Thanks 😊 

Good eye !

Be vigilant...this time of year, the text and call pammers are very active.

Make sure you don't answer any calls unless you recognize the callers number. If it's a legit caller, they can leave a voicemail and you can then return their call.

LenaB

I just received a text just like this one it was a huge help when I found your pics & info 

I have blocked 🚫 & deleted msg

Thanks 😊 

cin7
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
@Leesajoi

Thanks for the heads up!

Consider forwarding this spam message to 7726 (SPAM) so that an investigation can be started by your cell phone provider.

Source: https://www.consumerprotectionbc.ca/2018/03/receive-spam-text/

I keep seeing / hearing about all kinds of different scams but no one ever calls / sends me anything. sigh.

ForeverAlone.jpg

I get this on my work phone (Bell) all the time. One time i actually entered bunch of crap as a username and passwrod to let them figure out lol. Good thing most seniors do not use interact and most young people do not belive right away.

austinhuang
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Same here. Here's what you need to do:

1. Report to the RCMP at http://www.antifraudcentre-centreantifraude.ca/reportincident-signalerincident/index-eng.htm
  2. WHOIS the domain and write an email to the designated abuse report address. The ICANN WHOIS showed that the abuse report email is abuse@namecheap.com so maybe you should report to there as well.

Here's the scam that occured to me, for reference:

Screenshot_20181227-144056

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Thanks for the heads up.  Generally, messages from unknown sources are ignored by rule. 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

There are a lot of these out there.  I surely hope people don't fall for them but I guess it only takes one for it to be worthwhile for the scammers.  My first clue beside everything like this being a scam would be the From Phone Carrier Billing  They don't want to list a carrier because they don't know who you are with lol.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.