cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: TELUS is supporting Apple Watch Series 3 on Dec 1st

Canada’s largest network does support it, its TELUS. Not sure why their sub brands of Koodo and PM don’t support it though as they are all really one company using the same network.... Same with the other big 2. Rogers and bell support it, but none of their sub brands do.... 

Im happy I switched to TELUS when I did.... moved onto the series 4 last fall.... series 5 this coming fall. Moved on from the 10gb/$60 to the 15gb/$70 with free vvm, which I was previously paying $10/month for. Overall.... couldn’t be happier!!

Mayor / Maire

Re: TELUS is supporting Apple Watch Series 3 on Dec 1st

@deketele wrote:

Recent press has the watch surging in polularity so its perplexing why “Canada’s largest network” wouldn’t provide service.  Charge a premium price for it, but make it available.  Soon.

@warpdrive wrote:

Canada’s largest network does support it, its TELUS. Not sure why their sub brands of Koodo and PM don’t support it though as they are all really one company using the same network.... Same with the other big 2. Rogers and bell support it, but none of their sub brands do.... 

@deketele as @warpdrive noted, all the big 3 brands do this:  the top tier brands support the latest features like eSIM, while their 2nd and 3rd teir brands take much much longer to introduce these featuers, if ever.  [In the case of eSIM, they may eventually be forced to if phones start coming as eSIM-only models, but until then it's anyon'e sguess as to if and when.]

They do this for market diferentiation and to try to entice people to their higher-cost and higher-profit-margin 1st tier brand.  This is not unique to the Canadian mobile market, you can see it in lots of things.  For example, luxury car brands like Acura, Lexus, Lincoln, Infinity, Cadillac will introduce new tech and features (cooled seats, extra safety equipment, fancier infotainment systems, etc) that eventually trickle down to their "regular Joe" branded vehicles (Honda, Toyota, Ford, Nissan, Chevy, respectively).  PC brands will introduce things in their highest-end models and then slowly those features trickle down into their midrange and entry level units.  And so on and so on.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.