cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: TELUS is supporting Apple Watch Series 3 on Dec 1st

Hi,

Thank you, for reaching out to us.  I will gladly answer your question.

At the moment Public Mobile has no plans to support the new Apple watch with enablement of its SIM feature. 

However, feel free to visit our community for any future updates.

Respectfully,

Bladimir R.

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Good to know. Thanks.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

What "perks"? It is a service and a device you pay for...

I don't see why not add support for this in the future, as an add-on.

Bell charging 5$ a month for it, I would pay 10$ a month to stay with PM.

I guess its all a question of how popular it becomes and how hard would it be for PM to support it. Might take a while though... but I remain hopeful

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

PS- I jumped to Telus for the 10gb for $60 deal. I just fired up the apple watch and it works over cellular. The only thing is this, because the 10gb is not sharable the watch can only use the 1gb that comes with the watch plan, which I am fine with. Public Mobile is great, this TELUS deal just works better for me. I still have my wife and daughter on Public Mobile. Just thought Id throw it out there for anybody who is longing for cellular compatibility with the series 3 apple watch.

How data efficient is the Apple Watch on LTE? What’s the mileage for 1gb? I was going to get this Telus deal too but the 1gb held me back. 

Well.... I’ve been playing around with features on it all night while connected to cellular. Turned off Bluetooth on the phone and turned off wifi on the watch, then the cellular auto kicks in. Used about 15mb, so as long as your not streaming from Apple Music... I’d say it would be tough to even use half of the 1gb data in a month. The battery on the watch takes a bit of a hit.... otherwise it’s pretty awesome. 

Just thought Id let you know that after a month of use I only used about 100mb on the watch plan, and I used it quite a bit, so there should be no worries of overages as long as your not streaming from apple music to the watch over cellular. The series 3 has 16GB internal storage, I just loaded playlists in to listen too so no need for streaming. Hope this helps!

Thanks for the follow up and letting us know. That’s great to hear the Watch is data efficient. Since it is so low data usage, I really hope PM will realize there is a good opportunity to charge for this addon with minimal cost to them. 

I would be nice if Public Mobile did. I just wasn’t willing to hold my breath waiting. When Rogers and Koodo don’t  even support it, I’m thinking it will be a very long wait indeed.... if ever. 😣

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This is very dissapointing.    I don’t like carrying a phone around (which these days have gotten quite large) so I’ve seriously considered getting the cellular version of the Apple watch.  I just joined PM about a week ago, so it was obviously foolish of me not to have considered this aspect of PM’s offerings.  My wife had been waiting to see how my service performs before also making the jump to PM.  We happened to be discussing the Apple watch today when it suddenly occured to me to check whether PM provides service for the watch.  After reading PM’s response, not only has she decided against switching carriers, I also am pondering whether to switch back to Bell and when.  Recent press has the watch surging in polularity so its perplexing why “Canada’s largest network” wouldn’t provide service.  Charge a premium price for it, but make it available.  Soon.