Did you mean: 

T9-1-1

akshayjoshyk66
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Can anyone tell me what T9-1-1 add on is for

4 REPLIES 4

Small correction on how to register:

Registration
To register for the service, text "T911" to 428911 from your mobile phone and follow the prompts. Registration is free of charge.

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

"Also, this service is not susposed to be available to everyone, only those who need it and are pre-registered.

Found this clip from a CRTC ruling Jan 2013:

Subsequent to a successful trial of a Text Messaging with 9-1-1 service in Montréal, Peel Region, Toronto, and Vancouver, the Commission decides that the service would improve access to 9-1-1 for hearing- or speech-impaired persons, and that the service is to be implemented nationwide as expeditiously as possible. This Text Messaging with 9-1-1 service will be reserved for the exclusive use of hearing- or speech-impaired persons who will have pre-registered for the service with their wireless carrier.

The Commission therefore directs wireless carriers and incumbent local exchange carriers to make the changes in their networks, systems, and processes required to support the provision of Text Messaging with 9-1-1 service for hearing- or speech-impaired persons within 12 months of the date of this decision. The Commission also requests the development of a service communications plan and education program that can be used to inform subscribers and the general public of the Text Messaging 9‑1‑1 service."

Anonymous
Not applicable

@akshayjoshyk66 wrote:

This.

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@akshayjoshyk66 wrote:

T9-1-1 (Text with 9-1-1) provides 9-1-1 call centres with the ability to communicate with a deaf, hard of hearing, or speech impaired person during an emergency, using wireless text messaging (SMS). T9-1-1 is reserved exclusively for the deaf, hard of hearing and speech impaired (DHHSI) community.

According to their E911 policy, you need to send them an email by visiting http://publicmobile.ca/en/on/contact-us to register for T911 service. Registration is free of charge.

As per Alan at PM

First, check your device compatibility as per Page 3 of this document. If your son is using a supported device, you can add T911 as a free Add-On within Self-Serve - here's how:

1. Log in to Self-Serve.

2. Click on the "Plans and Add-Ons" tab.

3. Click "My Add-Ons".

4. Scroll down to the calculator and find "T9-1-1 Service - Hearing or Speech" under the Talk column.

5. Add this option and click the button "Buy Add-On".

More specific details can be found in their E911 policy PDF (please see page 2).

Need Help? Let's chat.